Step 3: Be Grateful, Say Thank You!

It's amazing how we always notice what we do not have and in so doing, forget to be grateful for what we do have. I have seen people murmur and complain about everything wrong in their lives never for once mentioning everything good. I am as guilty as every one else is when it comes to not appreciating all I have. My Bishop says often, "if you have lost anything, God is the reason you didn't lose everything!" I agree with him.

In the last 5 years I've been quite ungrateful. I even went through a phase where I questioned the existence of God and His sovereignty. It was a dark period for me. All of my thoughts where dark. I never expected anything good from anything or anyone. I prepared myself for disappointment. I let it slip into my mind that I had nothing; nothing I wanted anyway. It never crossed my mind that I had so many things to be grateful for, so many people I never appreciated.

My parents I've been together for so long and when they talk about each other, I literally feel the love. I realize now that I should be grateful that the word 'divorce' as never crossed my mind concerning them. I know people who's parents are not together anymore, parents who can't even stand each other anymore. I'm not mocking them or anything, I'm just thankful I don't know how it feels to be a child of a broken home. I have both my parents, both hale and hearty. My siblings are doing fine and there's no sign of sibling rivalry between us.

I'm beautiful, intelligent and talented even if I do say so myself. I have a family that believes in me even though I've let them down several times in the past and I probably still will in the future. I'm loved unconditionally by my heavenly Father and my earthly parents. I don't have a lot of friends, but the ones I do have are the best kinda friends. I'm not terminally ill. Life has been and is still so good to me.

I was broken, but I healed. I fell, but I rose again. I was in despair but now I'm floating on cloud nine. If you think you've got it bad, go outside and you'll see people in worse situations. A friend of mine was telling me amidst tears how her boyfriend dumped her and how she lost her one true love. I told her," you were lucky to have loved and be loved back for a while, some people have never felt that!".

You get to see another day, some people are dead. You get to see, some people have never seen what a sunny day looks like. You can walk, plenty don't have legs. You might not be rich but you buy food. I've you seen the number of homeless people out on the streets?  Your mum bothers you, your dad is all up in your business, some children don't have parents,  others were abandoned. You walk out your door with no fear, some people have to stay in hiding all their lives it's the only way they can survive.

I could go on and on. Being thankful for a little qualifies you for more. Being thankful frees you from all the worries. Being thankful helps you enjoy each day. Have you said thank you to God today?  When last did you appreciate your husband? When last did you thank your wife? When last did you tell bf/gf how grateful you are to have them?  What about our parents?  Can we ever really repay them? Thank you goes a long way. Thank them today. Thank your siblings. Thank your friends. Thank your haters, they are the reason you try harder to make something of yourself.

Learn to say 'thank you' it works wonders!  I'm going to spend today just being grateful for all I have and saying thank you to people I should.  You should do the same. I hope you do the same.

Thank you for taking time out to read my blog. Thank you for your words of encouragements. Thank you to everyone that believed in me and still believes in me. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!

Comments

  1. This is nice. ..thankful people are those who have experienced tragedy, and came out of it in one piece while others broke.am happy for ma past mistakes cos it gave me experience. Can't wait to see what step 4 would be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. Thankful people come out of the storm shaken but still standing. I am so glad that more people are joining in this program. Please don't quit...we can achieve it; becoming better people. We owe it to ourselves. Good luck. ..kisses

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading from my readers...

Popular Posts