Step 1: Open Up!

This doesn't mean that you go around telling everyone your biggest, darkest secrets. It only means that there are some things that really shouldn't stay hidden and you should speak up about them (not asking you to go and confess to a major crime or anything, feel free to do that at your own risk though and don't blame Adupeola after). Before you venture into this step understand that most times opening up doesn't solve anything, it just lifts a little weight off your shoulders.

Opening up leaves some people very vulnerable but I've come to understand that keeping EVERYTHING bottled up is what leads to Therapy. Remember that saying, "a problem shared is half-solved (or something like that)". I'm certain that a great deal of you have something you've always wanted to say to the people around you, some nice, some not so nice. Some of you have kept your side of the story quiet for too long. Most of you do not even inform people when they offend you (I shoud say us I'm guilty of that as well).

So, why not go out on a limb and just speak your mind to everyone just this one time. Do not do it as an attempt to hurt others but as a way to help yourself. Why do we have to keep stuff bottled in anyway? Things like that just leads to grudges, unrequited feelings and depression. So, inform the person that hurt you, tell that person how you feel about them, open up to God,  He already sees it all why not just admit it and open up to Him if you can't to everyone else.

I, Adupeola, plan to do right by this step. I am going to let it all out and leave people appreciating the days when I kept it all in. I sincerely want to be a better person at the end of this program/exercise so I'm gonna give it my all.

I'll let you know how it goes by the end of today. Talk to you guys soon. Wish me luck...

Comments

Popular Posts