Step 2: Forgive!

Lol...I told you the second step was a tough one. You have to accomplish 3 feats in this step;

1. Ask for forgiveness.

2. Forgive others.

3. Forgive yourself.

Forgiveness in ny own definition is relieving people of their past offences and getting rid of your desire to punish them. It's like showing mercy. I recently learned that forgiveness is an attribute of the strong. A weak person never forgives. I will go ahead and confess that this is not my strongest forte. Forgiving people or myself has never come easily to me in the past. And when it comes to asking for forgiveness, I only do that when I'm 100% sure I was wrong (and my ego never allows me to be wrong often).

But, this is a new me or atleast I'm on a journey to becoming a new me, a better version of the old me! Yesterday's exercise was truly uplifting and although I wanted to jump this step at first; I'm here stating it and so I cannot back down now. The one person I thought I would never be able to forgive, I forgave yesterday. He actually apologized to me. So you see, I gained a little something from yesterday's step.

I finally dropped my biggest baggage of all. I might not be able to be completely friendly with him but I can be civil and cordial. When he crosses my mind I am no longer angry, I just accepted what happened as something I wasn't in control of but shouldn't be allowed to control my present or my past.

Enough about that! Today, I'm going to make sure I accomplish the task put before me and as agreed,  I will come back at the end of the day to relate how it felt and if I believe I'm a step closer to becoming a better person.

Keep in mind that holding a grudge or refusing to forgive only hurts you and not the person who offended you. I know that there are some very tough situations out there that make it a little hard to forgive, but I want you to look past the pain and the hurt even the abuse and just forgive. Let it go. Refuse to be a slave to pain and disappointment. Be free today!

Forgiving others and asking for forgiveness is much easier than forgiving ones self. Try. If you don’t forgive yourself, you will never truly break free. No matter what it is, accept that you're human and because of that, you're flawed. So lighten up and just forgive you.

Talk to you guys a little later. Kisses...

Comments

Popular Posts