What Do Women Want? - 3

Before you ask, I'll just go ahead and answer. In social media terms, I'm not single but in official terms, I am. Lol...it's complicated. I don't think anyone in real life has ever asked about my love life and I've never just deflected the question or just answered with a ..."what boyfriend?" "Or boyfriend ko" and sometimes I actually full on lie and say, "I'm single". I don't know why but as I've always been low-key reserved. When I was younger, I might have blurted it out...but as I grew, I preferred to keep certain things closer to heart (people don't have to know everything).

For the sake of this post, I'll be stylishly honest (*wink*). I've been in a relationship for a year and a couple of months (my longest relationship btw...). I don't think I ever had that 1st phase with him. You know, the euphoric phase. Where you're just so much in love and everything they do is awesome? Nope (He might have had it with me though, I can't very well speak for him)! I always saw him for who he was. From the very beginning, I saw his flaws, his bad habits, everything. Like, I saw him in 3D or HD (which ever catches your fancy). He was my deliberate attempt at normalcy. Yeah, I put him through hell (just because)...

So, he took another tactic, which appealed to me. I just love a challenge. We had an agreement. I would give him a year of my life, if at the end of the year I wasn't pleased with his efforts, I could leave and there wouldn't be any messy breakup drama. 1 year? 365 days? I was scared. That was like a commitment...scratch that...it was a commitment! I got cold feet but I went for it anyway. And here we are a couple of months after the proposed year and I'm still all in.

It's not because he's a nice guy. Far from it. He's a bad boy to the core. Like I don't think I've ever fought with anyone so much in my entire life. I don't think anyone grated and frustrated me as much. On the flipside, I don't think anyone ever made me laugh as much...or took my crazy in stride...I've never bothered to create memories before...but now I have so many...not all good mind you but memories all the same.

Just as we were about to reach the one year mark though...he messed up. Really bad...not to say he hasn't done that in the past, but I was just so over that shit. I just lost interest. I remembered why I liked to live my life commitment free. Thing was, it wasn't as easy to just up and leave like I usually would. My time isn't cheap to me and I had given him almost a year. I decided to forgive him but I wanted him to feel the fear of losing me (okay...okay...I wanted to find out if the thought of losing me would affect him).

Plus, I have this thing for revenge. I know they say it's best served cold, I prefer to serve mine hot! I had to give him a taste of his own medicine. So.....

To be continued...

(You won't believe I've 'prewritten' (is that even a word?!) the entire series...I'm just too lazy to hit post..)

Comments

Post a Comment

I love reading from my readers...

Popular Posts