New Battles To Be Won, New Mountains To Climb!

I know....I know...I went AWOL. I'm sorry about that. I needed to clear my head...I needed to put a lot of things in perspective. Towards the end of 2016, I started to question a lot of things. My belief system, my faith, my dreams, my goals, EVERYTHING! I started to doubt myself...I started to doubt my calling. I asked God, "Why place a dream in ny heart if You're not going to help me realize it?" Ofcourse  He answered me right back, "Do your part and I'll do Mine!"

Thing is, I don't even seem to know what my part is anymore. I don't seem to have the drive or zeal anymore. Sure, I'm still compassionate, I'm still hurting for others but I also know if I don't do it, someone else will! God is not limited to only one option. What happened to the dreams of my youth though? Why are we so quick to let go when things get a little bit too hard? I tell people not to give up, I encourage them to try one more time and all I've ever done is give up when I get a little bit uncomfortable.

Thank God people have learned to follow the message and not the people behind the message. So many of us (inspirational, motivational writers and speakers, etc.) are lost as well. We all need help sometimes. That's why judgment hurts so much...if I don't judge you, why should you judge me? Only God gets that honor. I feel dissappointed with myself whenever I go round and round and then realize I still have the same issues. I have dwelt too long on this mountain...I need to move on.

Letting go has always been a huge feat for me. I dread letting things or people go. Even when I outgrow them. This always causes more harm than good in the long run. I hold on to my past failures and disappointments as an excuse for my present failures and disappointments. The truth is I'm scared of what might happen when I realize these things don't matter or can't hold me back.

We're halfway through March and I know to some of you, especially the perfectionists, it might seem like you're falling behind again. Take a deep breath. Relax...you move faster when you're not stressed. Don't forget the place of God. Let God be God at all times and in every situation. Battles only happen so our places as conquerors and winners can be justified.

Remember that the fiercest furnace produces the purest gold.

I wish you luck with all your goals in 2017!!! You can do it!

Thought you might need a lil' mid-week pick me up!

Here's to marching forward!🍷

Adupeola

Comments

Popular Posts