What Do Women Want? - 11 (Concluding Part)

Mr. O asked to see me so we could talk again. He wanted me to come to a decision. He didn't appreciate my sitting on a fence. He wanted me to be either all in or all out. After my stint with Mr. S (Lucifer's nephew), I decided that a girl could do a whole lot worse (which I did!) than Mr. O. He was a good man, he made mistakes, corrected them and it was time I forgave him. I told him I was all in!

Turns out Mr. S could be petty too. I'm an avid reader. Most of you know that by now. I invest a lot of money on my library. I set aside money every month for new books. My books are my babies. I love them all equally. I read them lovingly again and again. I love their smell. I rarely lend them out if I don't trust the person in question to take good care of them. Mr. S had one of my babies (books) and I stupidly forgot to collect before I left him. But I couldn't very well let go of the book. It was a limited edition. I couldn't be sure I would ever get it again. So, I tried to get my book back. And he decided to hold my book ransom.

I spent over 2 weeks trying to get my book back. The fact that someone was trying to get to me by using one of my babies and was even bold enough to say to me that he wished it was something so much more valuable...meaning, say goodbye to it right? I was so bothered...I had tried everything...being polite...being apologetic...being rude...being snarky...being mean, abusive and harsh. Nothing worked. And so, I told Mr. O. He was a guy too. Maybe he could understand where Mr. S was coming from.

He couldn't. He was actually surprised a grown man would do something like that. He refused to get involved. Told me it was my battle and that I had to fight it on my own (that's what I get for choosing a man-child like Mr. S). Although, he did say, he would have no choice to get involved if Mr. S hurt me. I was almost tempted to push Mr. S to do that. But, I wanted my book back more than I wanted to see what Mr. O would do to him.

Since he decided to be petty...I decided to once again follow his lead. I would go to his office and try and he would hide himself. Every day, my head would feel like exploding with all my pent up anger. I just wanted this man out of my life and he refused to leave. He knew my book was important to me and I wouldn't leave without it. He wouldn't pick my calls but would send texts. The evil bastard!

So, I threatened the one thing that mattered to him; his job (I wasn't even bluffing, I really meant to attack it if he didn't release my book...(told you my books are my babies...plus I hated him at that point). I fought pettiness with pettiness. He claimed he wasn't scared of my threats that he believed them to be empty. Still, I got my book back the very next day...so maybe he was a little scared. Lol!

So, after all the drama, am I living happily ever after with Mr. O? I wish I could say yes...he's perfectly amazing now. It's pretty obvious that I'm the sun and he's the moon. He makes me happy...he makes me laugh...we talk and we fight...and we're each other's bestfriend. He still tolerates all my intricacies (my bullshit!) and plays along with me when I want some drama. One would think I would be content...now that I have all that I want.

I'm not sure...I don't know if he's what I want. And I'm not certain what what I want is. So, I put it to you...WHAT DO WOMEN WANT?

Lol... thank you for going the entirety of this series with me. I had fun writing it. Now, it's back to business for me...this has been very therapeutic. Thanks for being such amazing readers and as always...I love your comments on any of the social media platforms. Your comments enabled me to finish this series. Thanks again.

With love,

Adupeola

Comments

Popular Posts