What Do Women Want?

Please do not think I'm about to answer that question. I'm female and even I don't know what we want. Instead, I've decided to use the topic as an opportunity to be candid about everything. I could have found a better title, but I'm lazy and I re-watched that movie...you know, the one with Mel Gibson (yummy!)...and it just stuck with me. Mostly because of uncle Mel.

Then again, a late-night conversation with an old friend (yeah...I'm sticking with friend) inspired me to truly wonder. It takes a certain amount of maturity in a woman for her to know what she truly wants out of life and her relationship. Since I can't claim to be fully mature (although, it seems I'm getting there), I can't honestly say I know what I want. I mean, I have an idea...I just tend to have ADHD when it comes to relationships.

Let me just start out by saying I know I'm hard to love (I even find it hard to love myself). My parents and siblings? Stuck with me! I guess they realized it was better to love me since they couldn't very well push me to someone else (they lost that chance when they didn't give me up for adoption after I was born). Seriously though, I can be really sweet and nice but it's buried way under, coldness, harshness, meanness, sassiness, intolerance (can I add 'ness' to that? No? Drat!!!) How many people have time to dig? Even I don't have time to dig. Sometimes I ask people what they think about me and as soon as they open their mouth, I withdraw the question.Then they add the "but you're also nice, generous, compassionate, a good listener, intelligent...." (too mention a few).

What I don't understand is why they always start out with all my bad qualities. Like, if I was any other type of human, after all the negative review the belated positive review won't boost my spirits. But, I'm me...so I'll probably only remember the good stuff you say about me. Lol...you already know I intend to have fun with this post. If you glean something from it, good for you. If you can relate with me on some level (hurray! It's nice to know I'm not alone).

I've not written anything in ages and my hands are just itching to write again. It doesn't have to make sense....I just wanna make sure my hands still work. I must tell you though...going a month without the Internet showed me something. My new life is boring. I am so glad one can't up and die from boredom. I swear...I do not know how I survived that month. I don't even know what gave me the crazy idea to try that. One thing I took away from that though...I'm more appreciative of the Internet...especially Google...do you know how hard it is to actually search for things in books when you're as lazy as I am? I pray you never find out!

So...let's try this and see how it goes uh?

Happy New Year (only because I've not wished you from on here)...I missed you guys so much!!!

Let's call this Adupeola 2.0 after these hopefully therapeutic couple of posts...I'll let you in on the new changes I want for the blog....and me!!

No new year's resolutions for me...(I tend to break them all in January).

To be continued.....

Comments

Popular Posts