What Do Women Want? -5

I want to say he did something to me that has never been done before. But he didn't...he was just typically male. Considering the fact that I assumed he was a good boy, I might have been the one setting myself up for dissappointment. Ofcourse, he had the 'other woman syndrome' in his case though, it was 'other women'. How many times have I said I don't like to share? I really don't. And it wasn't with one person...it was with a bunch of people.

Sigh! I forgave him every time. Not because I wanted to but because to qualify to myself as normal, I needed to last through that one year. I was frustrated and I made sure he was frustrated too. But, I always got blamed. Probably because I always went over the top (I really need to learn balance). I'm an extremist. I always take things too far. So, I knew I couldn't win by troubling him just because he troubled trouble. I decided to take a breather. I decided to choose the path of peace and see what would happen.

For a couple of weeks...nothing happened. No more girls and I started to relax thinking he finally dropped his dirty little act. I started delighting in his presence again. We started to go back to being happy and each other's friends again (friendship is really important in a relationship). Then my birthday came around. He made it beautiful and fun...I loved it. I only wish he let it end beautifully as well. But you know that thing about the truth? It always comes out. Turns out he didn't drop his little act. He just got better at hiding it from me. Apparently, since he loves only me...what he does with other women shouldn't be a big deal (sometimes I wonder what kinda brain men have)!

I was tired...and weary of fighting the same battle. So...I just surrendered. I stopped caring. I stopped trying to figure him out. I wasn't that person and I resented that he had turned me into a cliché. So...I decided to explore my options. Nah! I don't mean other men...I just needed a new hobby that wasn't him and leave him to his own devices for a while. At the same time, I realised I needed someone to while away my time with so I wouldn't be tempted to give him an inch.

I needed someone that I couldn't ever 'fall in love' with (even though I don't believe in that phrase, I know infatuation truly exists). I didn't want to quit my relationship. I just needed a break. I needed him to see what it was like to be without me and decide if he was cool with it or hated it. It had to be someone boring that I could never have anything in common with. Someone that was so far from my type that if he was a dish I would avoid it. Like the plague?! So...I kept my eyes open for just that person. Someone that was so forgettable to me that it wouldn't take much from me (and hopefully not from him as well).

I just needed someone mild and easy. Then, one day, I went to hang out with friends and I saw him. I'd seen him a couple of times and just dismissed him in my mind. I don't dwell when u don't whet my curiousity. I felt he was the right candidate. But, how do I go about it without making my intentions obvious?

To be continued...

Comments

  1. This is getting interesting ooo������

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading from my readers...

Popular Posts