What Do You Want To Be Remembered For?

This question cannot just be answered carelessly. After you're gone, what you're remembered for determines if you become a memory or a legend. I've finally understood that you don't have to be a legend to the world.  It's enough to be a legend to the small group of people that know you and people that just crossed your path.

This question calls for a personal answer. You can only ever answer for yourself. What a man is remembered for is the inheritance he leaves behind. Inheritance in this sense doesn't just refer to material and monetary properties. It also doesn't mean something the next generation can just adapt. It's something that when a particular set of people think about it, your name comes to mind and they wish you well even though you're off in the great beyond.

I always heard my grandfather say something. He always said, "wherever any of my seed goes, they will meet with helpers because I have already sown the seed." I never got it then. But, I do now. That's his inheritance to us. What we sow eventually comes back to us. The popular quote  in the Bible, "...be not deceived; whatever a man sows he will reap." comes to mind. Sensitive people can testify to this. 

A friend of mine used it as his personal message on BBM and it caught my eye and got me thinking. I asked him to answer it and he, in return, asked me to. I immediately said I wanted to be remembered for my big heart. Now that I've had some time to think about it, I think I know better what I would like to be remembered for. I have taken into consideration everything people are remembered for. Both the good and the bad.

Yes, I want to be remembered for my big heart. It goes deeper than that though. I want to be remembered for changing lives. For sowing beautiful seeds into their lives. I want to be that person that's remembered for saving atleast one person from the edge of destruction (if only that one person remembers me, I'm good).

I want to be remembered for touching people's lives. I want to be remembered for being a solution provider. I want to be remembered for my generosity, for my open arms, for my listening ear. I want to be remembered for being someone others could run to just to get away from the chaos in their lives. I want to be remembered for my ability to love those others find it so hard to love.

I want to be remembered for giving second chances. I want to be remembered for my dedication towards finding happiness for others. I want to be remembered for mending hearts. I want to be remembered for being a mother, a sister and a friend to many. I want to be remembered for fighting for those that cannot fight their own battles.

I want to be remembered for being a praying woman. I want to be remembered for my exploits as a career woman. I want to be remembered for my accomplishments as a daughter. I want to be remembered for my encouragements as a sister. I want to be remembered for my loyalty as a friend.  I want to be remembered for my love, faithfulness and support as a wife. I want to be remembered for my dedication as a mother. I want to be remembered for my support as a grandmother and great grandmother.

Above all, I want to be remembered for living the rest of my life as a woman after God's heart. Amen.

What do YOU want to be remembered for?

Think about it!

Comments

Popular Posts