Why does this keep happening?

It literally offends me to see young people die off. It never makes sense to me. I know death is inevitable but,  in my mind, the only people allowed to die are over 100. Why is it that the majority of the losses today are in their 20s, 30s and early 40s. I assumed these ages were what we referred to as the 'prime of our lives'.

Whenever I get news of an untimely death, I already know that I'm losing my sleep that night. I just can't comprehend why people that are called leaders of tomorrow are dying today. Is something trying to kill the youths all off? I know I can never begin to understand the pain and the hurt that their families will be suddenly pushed into. I just keep thinking I'm not related to these people and it hurts me this much, it saddens my spirit and I even lose my sleep over it. If I can feel so bad then I reckon their families must be going through hell.

When I was younger, I wanted to grow up and be a doctor. Why? Because they make people better and save many lives. I was so innocent back then that I thought that was it. As I grew, I lost confidence in that dream. Someone once asked me why I gave it up seeing as it was all I ever talked about being(I never had a backup profeession). That day, I was forced to open up about my biggest fear. I told him,"if I become a doctor and I lost a young patient,  it would destroy me and I don't think I would ever recover from that pit of depression I would most certainly drop into". I know they tell newbie doctors from the very beginning that they cannot save everyone. To me, if I can't save everyone, I would see myself as a total failure and so I stuck with something that did not require me to save lives or break horrible news to unsuspecting families.

I know that sometimes, it is the actions and steps of these youths that leads them to destruction. It still never makes it any easier. The rest of the world would move on but time stops for that family. Even after they move on they never completely forget. It's especially sad because all they are ever left with is 'what if?'. They never get an answer to that question. What a pity! When they cry, the only person that can stay their tears is not around to and will never be around to anymore. Why?

Why can't youths be just a little more careful and not spoil everything with youthful exuberant? Why can't they understand that sometimes the prayers of their parents is not enough covering and then learn to get on their knees and pray too? Why can't the arrow of death just skip over young people? Why does such terms as 'untimely death' and 'premature death' even exist? Why? Why? Why? Where do I get the answers to all these questions?

I am not the most spiritual person. But if there is one prayer point I have to make, it has always been, "God please do not let me lose anybody I know, friends, family, neighbors,  acquaintances even enemies because You know I cannot handle it".  I pray that God continually enlightens us and show us how to constantly triumph over evil. I also pray that our young trees stop being cut off by the evil one. May God's protection and covering be over all the youths of this country because very soon we will need them to bring a change to Nigeria (myself included).

To everybody that has lost someone and is still in so much pain right now; husbands that have lost their wives, wives that have lost their husbands, parents that have lost their children, sisters that have lost their brothers, brothers that have lost their sisters, people that have lost a friend, may God grant you all the strength to deal with your grief. May He grant you the grace to move past this.

To all the beautiful lost souls, rest in peace. May God grant you all eternal rest. It is my prayer that you all made heaven. Sleep on in the bosom of our Lord until that day we all meet again to part no more.

Death might be the end of all man, but it has no right in our dwellings until a little one among us is 100. I promised myself that I would never write an obituary, a tribute or anything of the sort. This isn't any of that. This is my heart filled with so much pain and me having to write to let it all seep out.

It is well!!!

Comments

Popular Posts