Yoga...Yepa!!!

Okay...this time, even I know I done did it. Three days ago, I decided to spice up my workout routine a little. You know, add some diversity to it. Guess what I tried...yoga! Jeez, I always assumed it was easy. And typical me just downloaded an app showing me what to do...I almost died. Turns out, I'm not as flexible as I used to be. I probably would have done better with an expert showing me the ropes. I'm just so darn glad I didn't break anything or twist myself up in a knot.

I swear, I had no idea losing the weight I gained in my two years of emotional bingeing would be so tough. I think I've reached desperation mode. I really need the weight to come off. At the same time I'm not willing to join a gym unless I have done half the work. I need to prove to myself that I can still trust me to do what's right for me. I'm in a bind is what this is.

Anyway, back to yoga...despite the aches in every part of my body and my compulsory drop into oblivion for 2 hours, I must admit that I feel more stretchy. My body feels more relaxed. My mind feels at peace. This might just be one activity I could become addicted to...as long I as don't kill myself learning off the internet (isn't that why it's there though).  I feel happy...more relaxed and less terminatory. If you're half as snobbish and set in your ways as I was and haven't tried it...how about you give it a go.

Yeah, sure it's not part of our culture and all that...that's why it's called diversity!  Step out of your comfort zone and do something new. Although I would not recommend everything I've done in my bid to leave my comfort zone far behind me, I definitely recommend yoga...I really do and I am a woman of my words. Give it a try no matter your age (except late fifties) and watch you wake up every morning more alert, refreshed and ache-free than yesterday.  One last thing, keep in mind that being flexible is also good for...!

Lol....have fun!!!

Do not forget to read the part 2 of Bloodless Murder (His story) tomorrow. What's John's side of the story? Find out tomorrow...

Comments

Popular Posts