A Love Letter For My Readers

Dear Readers,

Today is the universal day of love. Personally, I think everyday should be that day. Who better to share my love with than my beautiful and loyal readers who have stuck by me through good posts and not so good posts. My readers who trust me with their problems. My readers who encourage me and help me grow.

To be honest, February 14 is not my favorite day. I'm not a big fan of public displays of affection or publicity stunts to show your friends how truly 'in love' you both are. For me, love is deeper and will always be deeper than all that. I understand the need to be reassured atleast once every year that you made the right choice and like a friend of mine would say, "it doesn't hurt to let the world know you're lucky to have found love."

Let me just get on with it.

To the couples; Happy Valentine's Day!  Hopefully, you have a wonderful day planned. It doesn't have to be something grand. The little gestures are the most meaningful. Being in each other's company should be worthwhile enough. Knowing that he's yours and she's yours should be enough. Yes, a gift or 2 wouldn't hurt. There's nothing wrong with staying home and soaking in love. It's fun to go out too. Whatever you choose to do, make it count. I love you and I hope today leaves you feeling joyful and refreshed.

To the singles; Happy Valentine's Day! So what if you're not part of a couple. You don't have to stay indoors because everywhere will be filled with couples. Go out! Have fun. If you have friends that are single as well, make it a day. There's no need for you to start an anti-valentine or anti-love protest. When you're eventually part of a couple, you'll look forward to it. So, don't wallow in self-pity. Stand up, dust yourself, and go have fun. If your idea of fun is staying indoors, do it. Just know that it's as much your day as it is for couples. Lots of people love you and you should never forget that! I love you...so much!!!

To everyone; the greatest kind of love is self-love. If you don't love yourself,  you can't love others. You cannot give what you do not have. Love is an extension of yourself to others. In my books, every body deserves to be loved. Like Shakespeare wrote, "Tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all." In my opinion, I'm pretty sure it would have been much better not to have lost that love. But, when you look at it from the angle of someone who has spent 60 years with the love of their lives...when he dies or she dies, they know for sure that they're lucky to have loved and be loved for so long. You can't be worthy of receiving love if you believe yourself to be unworthy of it.

Look into the mirror and find one thing you love in you. Look into your eyes and find your soul. What you see in your eyes, is love. Pure and simple. I have a cousin that is just a little over 9 months old. He loves me. Not because I do anything for him. Not because I'm the prettiest person he's been in contact with, but just because. He loves me because I'm me. When he sees me, his eyes light up. He smiles so brightly they reach his eyes. I keep saying I want to see myself the way he sees me. To him, I must really be something. When he rushes over to me and I pick him up and hug him I feel full, I feel complete, special and loved.

If you look at life through the eyes of a baby, you'll realize just how blessed, lucky and beautiful you are. On those days when I can't muster the strength to love myself. I go play with kids. They love unconditionally. Now, you all know why I love children so much.

Dearest readers, don't grow so much that you lose your inner child. It is the one thing that will keep you strong.

I love you. You are all my Valentines.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

With love,

Adupeola

Comments

Popular Posts