Permission To Take A Brief Hiatus!

I created this blog 9 months ago. For someone that hardly finishes a project and gets bored fast, it's quite an accomplishment. Before I started this particular blog, I've started and abandoned atleast 3 others. I thought I would tire of this one as well, but you didn't let me. I decided to give it another try on a whim. I was dealing with some drama and I needed a distraction like a baby needs milk.

I must confess that if not for my audience (readers), I probably would have quit. You made it easy for me to continue even on those days I would rather not write. I think of you and I push myself. Afterall, I can't afford to dissapoint you who have come to mean so much to me. Every time I recieve an email commending me, or a phone call from people that tell me how much they look forward to my articles, I'm truly humbled. Not only by the fact that I actually have a loyal following, but because I have been able to touch lives even in the barest possible ways.

I love knowing that a particular article came at a time someone needed it. I love that I have become a confidant to many even though they do not know me personally. I love that so many of you have come to trust me with your problems. I love that you can call me a friend. The truth is, I really do care about all of you and I constantly wish you well. I always look forward to hearing about how you finally rose above depression or how you got out of an unhealthy relationship.

I foresee that in this last full week of the month of September that I will be a bit busy. I won't have a whole lot of time to write(although, I will probably find time for it...I just won't post them). I've decided to take time off this week and not give myself any deadlines. If I write, it would be for my own pleasure.

To make up for the slack, I've decided to post old write ups of mine everyday for the next 7 days. These articles have featured on other blogs which I wrote for as a guest writer or on my other abandoned blogs. It gives you a glimpse of my work a couple of years ago. Some are as old as 2009 and others as recent as 2013. I hope you enjoy them. I will still be available to reply emails, texts and phone calls.

Thank you so much for your support. Thank you for reading everything I post (even the horrible ones!). I appreciate you all.

adupeola@gmail.com

+234 808 698 8620

Until next month!

With Love,

Adupeola xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts