I Can Relate To Robert Kardashian!

The differences between me and Rob are pretty clear cut; he's a celebrity, I'm not...He's a he and I'm a she (not that it matters much). Still, I can relate. I've been through what he's going through. Hell, I'm still stuck right dab in the middle of it. Now I understand that with different people it varies but I also know that nobody really understands but you. People look at you and all they come up with is, "you really let yourself go, darling". Well, I doubt it was a conscious decision. It's not like I begged to gain weight so fast and just within a year!

I can relate to him because I know what it's like to be referred to as antisocial. Who would understand your need to stay indoors and not go out socializing like before? Who gets why personal space becomes so important all of a sudden that you panic when someone invades it without permission? Who understands the personal battle that goes on each and everyday? Why would I want to go out only to be reminded how much thinner I used to be? Or how come I've gotten so 'big' in the last year? And am I doing anything to rectify it?

In my case, an emotional imbalance led to my excessive weight gain. I was going through a rough patch and for some reason food was my greatest comforter. I ate to drown my sorrows. I ate when I was happy. I ate when I was bored. I ate when I was confused or scared. Every emotion called for food. Fattening and very delicious food (junk). I was emotional bingeing. I just couldn't stop. Everytime I would look in the mirror and hate myself and then I just stopped looking.

Everytime someone asked me if I was on a diet, I got defensive. I didn't like people referring to my weight at all. I know I had a part to play, I was playing it unconsciously. I have been trying my best to lose the few extra pounds, it just hasn't happened for me. Might be because I'm not strong enough yet. Although, I'm not crazy fat, it's still not my ideal weight.

I don't think Rob is fat, I think he's chubby. It's just that he's surrounded by people who think an average guy has to have a '6-pack'. I'm trying extra hard to lose the extra weight, but I'm also finding a place at which I am no longer bothered by it. It no longer stings when people joke about it either. I will lose the weight and I won't be brought down.

I am so glad he spoke out. People can be awful sometimes. And too think that they probably aren't perfect either and yet they bring others down. I only hope it means his confidence is surging.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me"

#weloveyourob

Comments

Popular Posts