Alpha Males: Dotun!!!

Our next Alpha Male is Dotun(again, real name withheld by me). While I can't say Dotun was definitely as yummy as Lekan, I can say for a fact that he was much more fun. Besides, I knew him longer than 30 minutes. Lol! I can't really recall how I met Dotun. I can't even say for a fact that the guy was really who he said he was. I just know that after he worked through my original reserves and got me to agree to us being atleast friends, he was really fun.

I met him or he cornered me in school. He was in town visiting his nephew. He came down with a friend and they stayed a while. I very rarely go to my place at night opting to sleep over at my friend Temi's. He traced me to Temi's place and he would always manage to drop by 'unannounced'! The guy was loud, there was no way people didn't see him coming. He liked the attention.

The first time he approached me, he told me that he just got back from Italy. Or was that his friend(pardon me, I'm a little blurry on the details)? I liked his friend. He was composed and not loud. You know, a nice guy. The thing is though, put together a nice guy and a bad guy(Alpha Male) and more often than not, the bad guy gets the girl. Lol!

Dayo(real name withheld by me) was safe. But, I was boring enough on my own, I didn't need to multiply it. Dotun was loud, obnoxious and always managed to annoy me and somehow, he crawled under my skin. He was persistent and to be honest, the way he looked really helped his cause(again, I'm not superficial; atleast I don't think I am). My friend loved him. She couldn't understand why I wouldn't agree to date him. My problem with Dotun was that he fit a particular profile.

Now, I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying why risk it. The guy said he just got in from Italy. Italy! While I'm not sure what goes down there, I know I've read books that stated/insinuated that Nigerian guys go there as one of their dropping points for drug trafficking. There was no way I was getting involved in all that. Yeah I like dangerous...it's exciting. But I like the kind that leaves me a way out. Being just his friend, gave me that.

As we got closer, he clarified that he and his friends were vacationing in Italy and that they all lived in either Dublin or London. The boys were just getting together before coming to Naija. Dayo was one of those friends and according to him, they were childhood friends. I find it necessary to tell you at this point that Dayo was 33. I don't really think that there was a time that Dotun was there that Dayo wasn't.

Dotun claimed that it was the fact that I had an opinion about everything and that I was a liberal person that drew him to me. Atleast that's what he said(no need deciphering if he really meant that now). Although quite loud, he was a lot like me. I was drawn to him as well. He had the habit of dancing without actually hearing any music. He would say his favorite song was still playing in his head. He laughed often and he had the sweetest tongue since Lucifer himself.

He noticed while I would let him buy me a drink, I wouldn't take any gifts from him(I'm just weary about receiving gifts from men; incase I have to insult them). He found out though that when he bought me chocolates, I was unable to resist and I would grab them...fast! So, he bought them for me often. In summary, it was a very fattening time for me. Then he had to go back.

After he did, I didn't think he would keep in touch. I didn't expect him to. We were just friends. There was absolutely nothing going on between us. But, he called me everyday. He kept asking me to date him. To give him a chance and I was gradually letting down my guard. I decided to learn more about him. Turns out he actually had a legit job. I put him through all sorts of tests and he passed. The only thing that got a bit annoying though, was the fact that he would call and expect me to be able to talk for ages. And sometimes I'm too lazy to talk and he gets offended. Stating that I'm taking his attention for granted.

One would think I'd met a prince. Lol! It went on and on like that. And then finally, he was coming home again. He had a family event to attend. I was so looking forward to seeing him again. He said he would spend 10 days in town before going to the venue. We kept on talking. Counting down till he came back home. My idiot friend was crazy happy. She liked Dotun and always felt I took a risk by deciding to be just friends with him when he was leaving.

2 weeks before Dotun was to come back home, it happened. I got a text very early one morning. Like 4am. I hardly ever leave my phone on during the night. For some reason, I forgot to switch it off. The notification sound woke me(which is what I try to guide against by switching off my phone). I angrily picked the phone to read the stupid text that woke me. I needed to find out what was so important they couldn't wait till daylight to tell me.

I would rather not rewrite the text word-for-word. I will just say that I wasn't blessed by that message. Infact, the message brought unwanted tears to my eyes. I was shocked. I couldn't do anything but read and reread the text. When I couldn't handle it any longer, I woke my friend and gave it to her to read. It was like her jaw was slackened. It took all of her willpower to close her mouth after reading it. After she read it, she did the sweetest thing. She hugged me. I really needed that.

Turns out Dotun not only had a wife, he had 4 kids! I decided to do the only thing I felt I should do at that moment. I called him. He called me back. My first question to him was, "How old are you?". Dayo was 33 so I assumed Dotun was in that age bracket as well. Turns out he was 39. The moron was almost 40! After that revelation, it took a while for my brain to work long enough to ask him if he was indeed married with kids. He didn't deny it once. He actually thanked me for being more mature and not replying his wife.

Not all my friends were in support of me not replying the wife. One actually felt I should threaten her by telling her I would make sure her husband stops coming home. I couldn't do it though. I want to get married too and karma can be a real bitch. Anyway, back to Dotun. He was on the prowl for a second wife. His wife only had girls and he wanted a boy. So, he was actually serious about wanting to be with me. That got me mad. I've always been of the opinion that gender really shouldn't matter to parents. My agreeing to that would just make me an accomplice to gender inequality.

I texted his wife and apologized. I told her that we were just friends and he just happened to like talking to me. I also swore to her that nothing happened between myself and her husband. Then I told her to stop going through his phone if she didn't want to come down with high BP. There was no way she was stopping that man. She would just have to live with it. He was going to get his boy no matter what he had to do. I reassured her that I wouldn't be part of who he would do though.

It still disturbs me that Dotun looked so much younger than his age and that he was much more fun that men his age, even men younger. I was completely fooled. I don't have to point out any lessons in this post. The story speaks for itself. Besides, talking about Dotun leaves me wanting to smash something. He tried to fool 2 women. How dare him?

Dayo was single(like you didn't already figure that out).

But, Dotun was yummy and an Alpha Male....Sigh.

Comments

  1. Interesting read.. but are your posts based on real life experiences or just mere fiction? which ever way, Keep it up darling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real life experiences...thank you. When a post is fictional I indicate that it is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading from my readers...

Popular Posts