When Facing Disappointment...

Sometimes in life we face disappointments. We fail at something we wanted so badly to succeed at. We get rejected by the one person we wanted to accept us. We don't get a job we applied for or we lose someone we love dearly. We fall more often than we rise. Nothing goes your way. It just happens that disappointments are part of life. We win some, we lose some. We just have to learn to deal with it. Or not!

I'm a sore loser. There is nothing I hate more than to lose. Even though I know it's inevitable, I still find it pretty hard to deal with. Sometimes I get a little crazy. Winning means so much to me and everytime I lose, I'm reminded of my weaknesses. I hardly set goals but when I do, I try hard to achieve them. When I don't, I find it hard to just let it go but eventually I do (usually by winning at something else).

My latest goal was/is to lose weight. I want to lose about 10kg...I decided to follow all the rules. I did my research and I figured if so many people were saying the same thing, then it has to be right. I won't lie to you and say I joined a gym or I exercised (except you count walking up and down the stairs) but I didn't cheat in my diet. I've been eating healthy and I've also been consuming fewer calories. I have broken my personal record of how long I could go without chocolates.

Remember how I said that the best way to monitor your weight is to check it weekly. Well, I decided to check mine fortnightly. I was supposed to weigh myself on Sunday but I just couldn't wait any longer and so I decided to do it today. After weighing myself, I found out that I had gained 2 kg. Notice that I said gained and not lost. I cannot begin to tell you how disappointed I was. I actually thought it would work this time.

So what did I do? I went out and bought me some chocolates (chocolate coated biscuits, chocolate bars, chocolate flavored cereal). I also got some gummy bears, candies and my favorite drink, Coca Cola. I treated myself real good. I deprived myself of them all for 2 weeks and I still didn't lose any weight. Instead, I gained some more.

I know I should get back on the horse and I probably will tomorrow. I just broke down a little and missed sugar boosters. What's the point in all these? When you face disappointments, you are entitled to a reaction of your choice but after that you dust yourself off and try again. Don't let anything keep you down. I know I'm eventually going to lose this weight and in the time frame I set for myself. I'm just going to have to add a little exercise into my special formula.

And if it doesn't, there's always liposuction and gastric bypass. Lol! Just kidding (just a little).

Starting over tomorrow.

#NoQuitting #Winner #StrongWoman #Adupeola

Again, tips on how to achieve effective weight loss are still welcome.

P.S. I appreciate the ones that were sent to me. I promise to follow instructions better this time around.

@Adupe_ola - Twitter

Adupeola 'Hayourmedhey ' Odewale - Facebook

Just Thinking Out Loud
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Thinking-Out-Loud/1419507031631187 - Facebook page

adupeola@gmail.com - Email address

Comments

  1. Morning. ..u can't loose weight by going on a diet and focusing ur mind on d fact dat u wana loose weight, just start jogging and eat whateva u like..That's d best way to loose weight n stay healthy. ..wuld send u a pics on importance of jogging. Beside ur body looks okay to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. ..thanks for tip. Thanks for the compliment though

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading from my readers...

Popular Posts