Second Chances

What exactly do we mean by second chances? Is it to make things right? Or does it mean a fresh start? Very few people are lucky enough to get second chances. People have asked me how I find it so easy to give people a second chance. How I can believe every apologetic fellow. How I am able to see the good in people no matter how 'heinous ' other people claim their crimes are.

I have never honestly answered that question. If I were to though, I would say, "I am a sinner in search of forgiveness, in search of a second chance". And I know you're just itching to ask and I'll just go ahead and say that I've never had anyone who wanted to give me a second chance. To me, everybody deserves a second chance. Some actually need it more than others.

Second chances are to me a proof of God's forgiveness. I know I might not get one with men but I do from God. We're all humans and we prove that when we make mistakes; "to err is human...". Life on it's own is a second chance. I try to make amends even if I'm not given a second chance by the one I offended. You see, I'm not doing it for them, I'm doing it for me. So I can sleep a little better every night.

It wouldn't hurt you to give someone that really wants it a second chance. This also should be done wisely. Every day we get is a second chance to right our wrongs and do better. To be a better parent. A better child. A better wife. A better husband. A better person. Take advantage of this opportunity that comes daily.

I'm sorry I've been a little irregular I apologize. I've been too swamped to write. Thanks for your understanding. Love you guys.

Comments

Popular Posts