All For Love!

How far can you actually go for love? How much can you compromise for it? How much of your ego can you let go for it? How much can you sacrifice for it? It saddens me that this generation doesn't hold love in high esteem. Even the Good Book explains that, "...Love is the greatest." It seems nowadays that every where I turn I see people taking advantage of something so priceless.

Do you remember that song by Ron Stewart, Sting and Bryan Adams? It was titled, All For Love! I kinda borrowed their title. I was just thinking about the situation of relationships in this age and that song just came to mind. All. That one word. It means completely. That means giving it a 100%. I remember when I was much younger and so much more naive. I think I was about 7 or 8. Every evening I would write an original fairytale to read to my baby brother. My stories always had an happy ending. Love always, always trumped hate. It was a blissful phase.

I had quite the rude awakening to what real life entailed. Honestly, I don't think I can ever write an happy ending as easily as I used to when I was younger. That aside, when it comes to my personal 'love life', I never write an happy ending. Not even in my head. That, I find extremely sad. When you think about it, my idea of love is surreal. I planned my wedding at the age of ten. I still have the book. I remember modifying it every year so it was up to date. I also remember dumping it at the age of 15. Lol! I figured life wasn't a fairytale.

But still I believed in love. I still do. Why?  Because without love I doubt anyone of us would be able to survive life. Without holding out for love, without hoping and praying for true love, life would be listless. No man is an island. If you're successful and you have no one to share it with, it's not fulfilling. If you had good news but no one to share it with, it loses its flavor.

I won't say that I have always done right by love but I can say that until I find a reason to stop giving it my all, I give it my all. True love has now become a myth. It has become so scarce and rare. Very few find it and so many want it and yet it eludes them. No matter how independent you are, you need love. No matter how successful or rich, you still need love.

If more and more people determine to take that risk that is giving your all for love maybe it will come back into circulation. Maybe we would have fewer divorces. Fewer wars. Fewer emotional unstable patients. The world would finally be free of paranoia. Yeah, yeah I know my imagination is running all over the place again. Lol!

I don't know about you, but I'm going to hold out for true love and when I find it,  I'm going to give it my all. My all for love. Who says my dreams can't all come true?  I want so many things and without love in my life  I doubt in the end it will be worth it.

Understand that love comes in different forms. A friend, a sibling, parents or a life partner (husband or wife). I have the love of a friend, the love of my siblings and my parents...guess which one I'm holding out for...lol!

Adupeola loves you.

Comments

Post a Comment

I love reading from my readers...

Popular Posts