The Perfect Love Story!

When you hear the words The Perfect Love Story, what comes to mind? To me, it is that love that has remained unblemished, undying and unconditional throughout the ages. The love that sacrificed so much despite knowing that the other person is ungrateful and undeserving of that much love.

We all know that love is a vital gift. We all need love. We all want love. Yet we only want to love when we can get something in return. If the chances of rewards are slim, so many of us don't bother to love truly. We love only so we can gain from the person we claim to love. That just proves how vain humans are.

The good book calls us all sinners. It goes further to say that the heart of man is desperately wicked. And it is. You and I have seen the evil and terror rampant in the world today. It was that same way over 2000 years ago and it's still the same today. Man is still the same way. Ungrateful, unforgiving and outright devilish.

Jesus knew all these. He knew that so many would not appreciate Him and that plenty would just love to crucify Him a second time. He knew that many would still doubt Him. He knew that only a few would open up their hearts to Him. He knew that He was innocent and pure. He knew He didn't have to but He wanted to. He submitted Himself utterly and completely to be the sacrifice for a lost flock. He paid for our sins. For our debts.

Despite our flaws and shortcomings. Despite knowing we had nothing to offer Him in return. He knew that man by nature was ungrateful and yet His love remained absolute and unconditional. He gave up His life. I don't know about you, but there's no one I can give up my life for. Not even myself. That's how much I would love to stay alive (even though death is inevitable). I know that's a little selfish but it's the truth. I doubt that if I had children I could give up my life for them not to talk of some man (I am no Juliet). Jesus gave His life up WILLINGLY.

Then on the third day, He did the unthinkable, the unfathomable, the one thing people thought was impossible. He RESURRECTED. He rose from the dead. He nullified the power of death. He went to the grave burdened with all our sins and He rose a Savior, a King. He became Lord of all and ascended to sit at the right hand side of God. His name carried authority. Jesus the Messiah.

I hope we can all learn something from this, from the example Christ set. While I will not go as far as ask you to give your life for someone, I will encourage you to love truly and purely. Always give love your all even when you don't know if the other person will love you in return. Now I'm not just talking about your partner, I'm talking about your fellow human beings. I know it's hard to love some people, love anyway. Love is a risk. It always has been. Christ took that risk. You can too.

To me Easter has always been the true season of love not Valentines Day. The ultimate show of love was done by Christ and we celebrate that as well. If you're out there and you still don't know how much Jesus cares about you and loves you, I'm telling you right now. I'm as sinful as they come and yet His love picked me up, dusted me off and washed me clean. I am at peace today because of that love. I am confident because of that love.

Many see me and see what they want to but every time I look into the mirror, and see the love of Christ radiating around me. I see the product of God's grace. I see me the way He sees me. Give Him a chance.

Jesus loves you. Adupeola loves you.

Happy Easter!!!

Comments

Popular Posts