When Faced With Temptation...

So, in another effort to lose weight I decided to get an healthy cereal so I could have breakfast covered. I know there were all sorts of healthy cereals it was just a matter of choosing what I thought was best for me. Or so I thought.

I went to the nearest supermarket where I knew I could find a variety of choices. Boy did I ever find them. I never knew there were so many. I guess after making us all obese they knew it was time to venture into something that will make us lose all the weight they helped us gain. Ofcourse it is for their own profiting.

Anyway, back to my story. I got to the supermarket and apart from having so much to choose from, it came as a shock that all the healthy stuff were stocked right next to all the junk! I was looking at one aisle of healthy bran, slimming teas, Green teas, low fat milk, etc and the aisle next to it had Twix, Snickers, Mars, Milky Way, Bon Bons and so much more. I literally had to weigh my options. Lol...I carried the two weighing which I really needed against what I wanted. It was really tough.

I knew I had to go with the healthy choice I needed that more than anything. Then again, I did say that my greatest addiction was chocolate. So, what did I do? I bought them both. The bran and the chocolates. I felt so guilty afterwards but there was no way I could have left without buying them too. It was a moment of weakness. I was so ashamed of myself I had to sneak my guilty pleasures in. I enjoyed them and then I resolved to do better.

What is my point? Sometimes in life we're faced with temptations. At times we're strong enough to resist them. Other times, we're weak and we fall into temptation. We have to learn to forgive ourselves for falling. Even God says that His strength is made perfect in our weakness. Forgive yourself and make up your mind not to fall for the same thing twice. It's no longer a mistake if you keep doing it. Don't take advantage of grace.

Next time I won't buy chocolates. I'm not going to beat myself up for getting them though. Do the same with your mistakes.  Stop beating yourself up over them. Stop letting your past ruin your present. And if you're facing temptation right now stay strong. If you fall, it's okay you'll get back up. If you don't, that's even better.

Good luck!

Comments

Popular Posts