Chocolates!!!

I'm sure I don't have to state again how much I love chocolate. It was no secret to everybody that knew me that I had a sweet tooth that I succumbed to often. The truth of the matter is, I couldn't tolerate anything even slightly bitter. So, my affinity to vodka came as a surprise to many. There's no way vodka satiates a sweet tooth.

As with everything else, I have a brand that I favor more than the rest. I like my chocolate the same way I like my men; mocha brown. In my opinion, white chocolate is too sweet. It's too obvious that it's a fake. Everybody knows cocoa is brown. Then the really dark ones are a tad bitter...why would I choose chocolates that don't satiate my sweet tooth? The light brown ones are just right. They have a little of everything. They're the gray area. I've always believed in gray areas.

I don't care for mini-bites or tiny sized chocolates either. I like my bars big and full of chocolaty goodness(no pun intended...maybe just a little). Lol. My go to bar is Snickers. It's a no-nonsense kind of chocolate. I can even manage it in small quantities. That's how much I like it. When I was younger I hated the nuts. I kept wondering why people, especially children would want a chocolate with nuts in it? Children usually have a strong aversion to anything healthy, hence the need for parents or guardians. Growing up and having it become my favorite was a shock.

I'm not saying that if I can't find my brand I won't go for the second best. I will. I'm just saying what woud be my first choice. I believe that to completely know something or someone, you have to try them over and over. Being very observant. I sat down with a pack of snickers and went through it that very day. After that, I was hooked. It became my go to spurge of happiness(notice I said happiness, not joy).

When I need a distraction from the wheels in my head, the crunchiness holds my mind spell-bound. The caramel is delicious enough to give me a 'chocorgasm'. And it's packed tight with chocolaty goodness. I like bars that have been refrigerated. I prefer my bars hard not flaccid(again, no pun intended). There's no way you can bite into that much awesomeness and still feel depressed.

When I enrolled into a gym, after I did everything my personal trainer asked me to do for two days without a single word of objection, I asked at the end of the session on the 2nd day how many chocolate bars I could consume and he told me that I had to stay off chocolate until further notice. Even as I was leaving the gym that day, I knew that was the end of my stint in a gym. I never went back. I just couldn't give it up like that. I still can't.

Like a junkie(no offense), I need my regular fix. Being told to stop out of  the blue is not going to work with me. The urge to go out in search of it always trumps my obvious laziness. I need something that still gives me enough motivation to exert myself and chocolate is it...for now anyway.

I'm not sure this piece makes much sense. I just wrote down whatever comes into my head. They might not be expertly arranged, but they are genuine feelings on the subject. I need a break from this writer's block.  A big one.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts