To The Lady In The Mirror...

Dear Lady In The Mirror,

I don't recognize you. You hardly smile anymore and when you do, it never truly reaches your eyes. Your mood swings faster than a pendulum. I keep wondering what's wrong. I keep wondering if I'll ever see the real you again. I wonder what turned your eyes so cold. I wonder what makes your heart so unyielding.

I know you've been through some of life's tests (I was there remember?), I just hoped they would never own you. It's like you've given up on hope. Everytime I see you, I feel the need to gather you in my arms and tell you everything will be all right. I wish I could take you back to that time when you laughed easily and your eyes were windows to your soul. What are you hiding? Is it so bad that you can't even trust me with your secrets anymore?

On numerous nights I watched you cry yourself to sleep. I've watched you wake up frightened after having a nightmare. Then you stay up till daylight lost in thought. You've become too scared to sleep or stay in the dark for long. Even your shadow scares you senseless. You are paralyzed with fear.

I keep asking myself...what can I do? How can I save her? I never get any answers though. I just look at you and feel so sad and useless. If I can't heal you, who can? Is it a lost cause? Will you never be that bubbly girl again? Will your face never radiate joy?

I see you fall again everytime you attempt to pick yourself up. I try to help but it's no use. It's too sad. I can't bear to watch any longer but I can't help myself. Tell me what to do. Help me understand. Help me identify your demons so we can exorcize them. I will always be there for you. I will try to be the wind beneath your wings. I will stay strong so you can draw strength from me.

One day soon, I know you'll get your peace back. I know you'll reclaim your joy and I know you'll find your way back home. I won't give up on you. I refuse to give up on you! Until that day, I will love you unconditionally.

Yours truly,

The Woman In Front Of The Mirror

Comments

Popular Posts