Posly TD!!!




I'm not an entertainment beat writer. And I have expressed that to my audience enough for them to know I would never stoop to writing articles that can only be accurately classified as gossip(I don't want attention that bad). I believe that entertainers have their lives to live. I also believe that although publicity is an occupational hazard for them, sometimes they really crave a little privacy. Personally, I don't think that's asking for too much. Sadly, they'll probably never get that wish. If I write about an entertainer, it will never be gossip...I will only focus on the person's talent and/or work and I will never write what I don't believe to be factual. I might not be a lot of things but I like to think I'm a woman of integrity.

Now, back to my subject matter - POSLY TD(Pouring Out Sick Lyrics Till Death). Birth name; Ifeoluwani Aderemi. And that's all I know about the guy's biography. I don't even know how many singles he has or if he has an album. I'm only aware of 4 singles:- Emi Ni, Notorious, Rap It Up and Mind Made Up. He might have more but these 4 made me curious about this particular artist. I remember the first time I heard Emi Ni, I said to myself, "Great...another wizkid wannabe". I couldn't have been more wrong. I rarely admit to being wrong, so my doing so means the truth prevailed over every reasonable or precieved doubt I could come up with. The guy has talent!

What struck me as strange was the choreography. I mean the guy was dancing! And I don't mean all that frivolous African dance moves, I mean real choreography, like Chris Brown, Jason Derulo, Usher,etc. You know, the way they move. Their moves add essence to their music and it did the same to Posly TD's. I listened to and watched the video of that song a couple of times and I liked it but it wasn't completely arresting. I kept trying to find out if he had released any other. The night I heard Notorious, I wasn't completely sober. But through the haze I just knew I had to listen to it again when I could really hear it. I immediately downloaded it so I wouldn't forget about it.

I listened to it the next day and I knew I was right the first time. The guy really pours out sick lyrics. That was my opinion. So I set out to get another opinion. I played it to a couple of people and they asked me who it was. Told them and they were like, "is he Nigerian?" I said, "yes". "Then, wow!" "I know....right?"

I think I sent it to like 10 people that day. And before you raise any objections, they were all male because I felt people wouldn't accept my word for it because I'm female. I know good music and I know that this guy can and will give MI, Ice Prince, and a couple of others a run for their money if given the slightest chance. He has innate talent. It is what certain people refer to as the gift. 

Some people never learn to play a piano but they can play better than others who spent a lifetime learning. They can't even read a single note and have no idea what a chord is, but as soon as they hear a tune, they can replay it and better. I've always felt that if people in this category bothered to hone out their skills, they would become first class.

Yes, I think Posly TD falls into that category. I mean, nobody's really trying anymore. They all just droll out something passable. Rap It Up sealed it for me. Don't even get me started about Mind Made Up! The guys is(for lack of a better descriptive term at the moment) dope! He didn't just get lucky. He knows what he's doing and that's really good. And although I pledge to Olamide, I still gotta give honor to whom honor is due.  

I can't wait for him to drop something else. I'm really anxious for my next fix. I know some people still listen to and can identify good music. My brother is a perfect example. He gives me hope that the youths will start demanding for quality. I think I'm about tired of having my auditory senses raped repeatedly by people who call themselves artistes. If he continues like this, I have no doubt he'll skyrocket soon.

Ladies, just so you know, he's cute too. That might be the only reason some of you will check him out so I can't leave that out. Y'all think wizkid is cute... Maybe he is, I dunno. And davido, I've been known to lose my head over a man with dimples from time to time, I also believe that money is quite attractive(that speaks volumes on my opinion). Posly TD though, he hardly looks like a boy. He looks like a young man. You know, he's not completely grown yet but you can already see the future is bright. Lol! 

If you do one more thing today, make it finding out for yourself if he's as good as I say he is.

"My ex said I wasn't Right, so she Left me..."  - Posly Td



Notorious Video Download

Rap It Up Video Download

Comments

Popular Posts