A Love Letter!!!

They say the little things are what really matters. They are what speak the difference between 'for now' and 'for all eternity'. They are actions that speak straight from a heart full of love. They are memories that stick with you. Love is indeed a beautiful thing. I won't go as far as to say it makes the world go round, but it is definitely magical.

Love makes you beautiful. It makes you flawless. It makes you better than every other person. I know the importance of little gestures. Your dedication to my happiness and my peace of mind makes me glad I chose you. You remain the one behind every smile.

When I think about you; I remember you holding me close and sending me off to sleep with a kiss to my forehead. I remember the night you were so restless you couldn't go to sleep. I was crazy tired and sleeping so soundly, you were extra careful not to wake me up.

I remember those days I'm extra lazy(I say extra because I'm always lazy) and I just lie in bed all day knowing that you'll take care of me. I remember that one time you did something that hurt me enough to make me cry. I remember how disturbed you were by my tears. You were ready to do anything to stay them. I confess that after that day I've been using my tears to my advantage but you still react the same way even though by now I suspect you know when I'm faking it.

I remember deliberately going out of my way to frustrate you. You eventually lost your temper and ignored me for the rest of the day. But when I told you that I couldn't go to sleep unless you held me, you came to me and you did just that. I remember how you satisfy my selfish desires for attention even at times when you just want to relax and be left alone.

I can't honestly say that I remember our first kiss but I sure remember how it made me feel. Not lightheaded, not tingly but special. It made me feel special.  Whenever I'm worried about anything you find a way to calm me down. Then you tell me it will be fine and somehow, it always is. I've tested you enough to know that your love comes with no terms and conditions.

Nobody makes me laugh as hard as you do. Nobody can withstand the stormy tempest that is my anger like you do. You make it so easy for me to lean on you.  With you, I drop my guard and I'm completely woman. Whatever was at work the day our paths crossed, I'm truly grateful.

Ours is a funny story. Our love sweetens the plot. Even if you're not THE ONE, if I had to do it over again, I still wouldn't change a thing. I would still want you to be part of my life even if it would be for a little while. With you, I've learned to let tomorrow worry about itself and live life in the present. 

Thank you for loving me. For that I am so very grateful. I hope that one day you'll realize that despite the way I act at times, I truly love you in return.

Many waters cannot quench love - King Solomon

Comments

Popular Posts