Red!!!

I know I've been avoiding my writing for a while. I cannot describe how acute my writer's block is. It's like I can't even come up with words that go together, even in my head. I know I said I would go through normal writing exercises and hope that entertains my audience. Even that is a big feat for me right now. But, I've decided to do it anyway. If these set of articles are going to be my worst ever, so be it. Nobody can accuse me of not putting up a good fight against the enemy of creativity.

Red; incase I haven't mentioned it before, that's my favorite color. People have often asked why I chose that color. Others just assumed that because I was so stuck on love that it seemed like the most suitable color. But really that's not why. I never go for the most convenient. If I choose something or someone, I definitely have my reasons.

Actually, I chose red because it's the color of blood. It reminds me of my mortality. It reminds me how attractive life is. It signfies everything virile and alive. I've had so many close calls with death in the past that I've come to appreciate the gift of life more than others. Red is just bold enough and just confident enough to lend me the courage.

The color soothes me in ways I cannot explain. I have a red mug. When I'm distressed or moody anything I sip from it soothes my frayed nerves. My laptop is red, all I have to do is put it on and I feel like the world's greatest writer (even though I've been writing crap lately). My go to lipstick is red. When my lips are red, I'm going for an extra boost of courage for a particular occasion.

It's no surprise that I always choose red wine over white (regardless of the fact that I don't care much for wine). I was never a girl that favored the color pink. Infact the color made me nauseous. I couldn't stand it when I had to wear it. As soon as I was old enough to choose, I went red.

I'm sure I don't have to spell out my favorite football club. That's right! The Red Devils. Manchester United has my undivided loyalty because of the color of their jersey and their nickname.

I always felt it was symbolic that my dad favored the color as well. The second most important man in my life loves it as well...wouldn't you say it's surprising that we have that color in common considering the fact that most men wouldn't have chosen that color? I've only met 2 other men that felt the same way(besides daddy).

Red doesn't spell danger for me. It spells confidence. The unshakable kind.

This is the end of the first writing exercise. Hopefully by tomorrow I would have improved some more.

Comments

Popular Posts