Intermission!!!

I apologize that I haven't continued with the lives of Samantha and Derek but let me assure you that I have a very good reason and it's not just writer's block. On the contrary, my mind is alive with so many different ways to continue their story but I have to hold back for a very important reason.

2 days after I ventured into writing a short romantic story for the sole benefit of entertaining my audience and practicing a kind of writing that I have always avoided trying, I got a challenge from a particular group of online friends. We are a sort of book club. We met on different social networks found we had a thing for reading and writing and we started to mail each other.

Anyway, 1 of us told me jokingly that we should push ourselves to read a little more. But something thrilling enough that we don't get bored quick and something we can criticize later. If you read as often as we do, you can eventually tell good works from mediocre works. I informed the rest and they loved it. We decided to pick an author that we love and that has remained a consistent writer over the years.

We chose Sandra Brown. We decided to go through her work from 1981 to 2012. Then we have 30 days to go through them all. There are over 150 books by that woman from 1981 till date. From what I've read so far, I've gained a little more insight into the workings of the mind of 1 of my favorite authors. She has her principles but she also happens to be liberal and forgiving of other people's mistakes. Atleast that's my opinion.

I've only read 16 books in 5 days and I just reached 1983. Not as impressive as I thought I was. But what can I do? I have other things to do as well. So I decided to shuck my story for a while. Not only because I wanted more time to read but because I wouldn't want to mistakenly put down some of Mrs. Brown's words and be accused of plagiarism! 

I'm going to continue with the story after the challenge and after a major mind detox...I have to get her words out of my mind as well. I'm sorry I haven't been able to continue. Accept my apologies.

Wish me luck!

If you want to join in just email me at;
adupeola@gmail.com

I will let u know how u can get the ebooks and give you a mid-range of where to start to keep up.

Comments

Popular Posts