The Lady, Her Lover and Her Lord By Bishop T.D Jakes

I have heard so much about this book. I first heard about Woman, Thou Art Loosed! (Haven't managed to get that yet). I know I've mentioned often that I'm an earnest reader. I read everything. Romance, Thrillers, Suspense, EVERYTHING! On those days when I feel a little down or in need of other people's take on a particular situation, I consult a book.

Lately, I've been feeling blue. I've been wondering if I really I'm weird. If there was a problem with me and my wanting to do atleast 60% of things my way. I've always seen myself as a generous, caring and loving woman. But, there are times I put me first. Does that make me selfish? Other times, I'm lost in the sea of people-pleasing. Leaving me unhappy while the other person is ecstatic. That can't be healthy.

My self-esteem is good. On some days though, I don't love me very much. I keep wondering if I can't get myself, how on God's green earth will I find someone that will get me? Can I really blame people for not understanding me if I don't understand myself most of the time? That's when I decided to get my hands on that book. I haven't so much has read a review of the book, but my heart was drawn to it.

I got it yesterday. I was on another book, so I just set it aside. After I was through with that book, I read another one. I realized I was procrastinating, but I was in no hurry to find out I was going about things the wrong way. This morning, I gathered the boldness to open it up. I read the first 16 pages and I decided I shouldn't go this alone.

This is a book every woman should have. The single and the married. It is a necessity in your personal library. It is a book that sheds light on the three most important relationships of a woman;

1. Relationship with herself.

2. Relationship with her lover.

3. Relationship with her Lord.

The book is supposed to show how balancing this three relationships make for a perfect melody that should be a woman's life. I know not everybody can just go out and get the book on a whim like I did. So, I'll try my best to summarize each and every stage to you.

In the words of Bishop T.D Jakes; "it is not enough to feel like a woman. This book is written so that you might feel like a lady."

Do not miss this trip to self-discovery. Just look at it this way, you've got nothing to lose by opening your heart to what's written in the book or what I'll be summarizing about it. Give it a try! It's no fun to do things alone. Do this with me.

(If you have a sister, friend or lover you think could benefit from this, please point her in the right direction and urge her to take part).

Comments

  1. Hmmm............... Though I bought the book as a gift to my MIF (My intimate Friend, Lady). In this case, I have to get one and digest myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...you should...it's an awesome book...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading from my readers...

Popular Posts