Happy Birthday To Me!!!


Happy Birthday To Me!!!


 

Wow! God has been so faithful. He has been my shield and protector for the past 21 years. I'm venturing into my 22nd year and I have no doubt He will remain faithful. I have been blessed with so many wondrous things and people. I have escaped the clutches of death so many times and the fact that I'm still standing today is a miracle on its own.

                    

Grace sums up the story of my life. For must people growing up brings about different reactions. For me, it comes with mixed feelings. I woke up around 1am and I was like,"Fuck! I'm a year older today. Time is running out." Immediately after that I said, "God please forgive me . I'm grateful to see today. I know so many have to bargain for the gift of life and I got it free of charge. I might not have all I want, but I have all I need and for this I cannot thank You enough!". 

It's a common tradition to come up with new resolutions at the beginning of every year. I like to come up with mine at the beginning of Adupeola's year. Earlier, this year I went on a journey towards becoming a better person. I think I kinda achieved that. I'm not as cold and distant as I used to be and now I'm a little more open to making new friends. I worked on my anger issues and now it takes a little longer for me to blow my top.      
                     

                     


During a self-appraisal exercise that I carried out on myself during the wee hours of this morning,  I realized what I really lacked was discipline. I have a problem with following set rules. I always make my own and that very rarely works out well. Most times, I just get really lucky. I guess I'm going to have to learn that one way or the other. I'm going to write more, try harder to be a good friend and actually check on my friends and not just forget then because it's more convenient. I'm going to make the effort. Be a better person, a better writer, a better daughter,  a better sister and a better girlfriend. 

I also want to use this opportunity to thank everybody that has remained in my life even when I wanted to check out of it. I have people that have been stable for the past 10 years...I'm thankful for old friends and new friends. I'm especially thankful for my family. I'm thankful I got to wake up. I'm thankful for every big thing and every small thing. 

I really appreciate all the messages and calls I've received so far. I know I'm not the world's most likeable person and I'm humbled that so many of you can overlook that. This time next year, I'll still have you all. I won't lose any of you and we'll only have reasons to rejoice and celebrate. God bless you all.

Adupeola

Comments

Post a Comment

I love reading from my readers...

Popular Posts