Merry Christmas!!!





For as long as I can remember, Christmas has been my favorite season/holiday. I love how everywhere starts to bubble with excitement. I love how happy it makes people. For a little while, they get caught up in the excitement of the moment and are able to forget their troubles if only for a little while. I love that the season turns even misers into givers.


Christmas as always been celebrated in my home. Even when we were far from home, mum and dad always made sure we celebrated Christmas. Back then, to take our minds of the fact of not being amidst family, we would go over board with our Christmas decorations. They wanted every child to have their own idea included and displayed. For as long as we believed in Santa, he brought us gifts. When we stopped, they(mum&dad) brought us gifts. Mum always said, "Give, give and give again...it's time to give it doesn't matter if you receive."


I've followed her saying. I throw myself into Christmas. I try to make sure that I bring the joy of Christmas to as many people as I can. At this point, I must remember to state that I know and accept that Jesus is the reason for this season. I like to believe that if Jesus still dwelled physically among men, He would be in the giving minstry too. He gave so much He even gave His life for humanity. I don't know what kind of gift that can ever top that!


For me, the year ends at Christmas. That's when I start to wonder about the new year. After Christmas I have 6 days to prepare for my entry into another year. I make a list of people I need to forgive and people I need to let go. I make a list of habits I need to develop and habits I have to let go of. I spend my time making a list of people I need to be thankful to for making my year a little more joyful. I go ahead and thank them before the year ends. I leave all my baggage behind in the ending year and enter the new year baggage free. To me, there's enough baggage to tug along every year...it's better not to add last year's junk with this year's. Sufficient for each year is the baggage thereof!


I'm writing this article during a lull in my schedule today. I have a million and one things to do and I'm afraid I might forget to give my lovely audience the season's greetings. So, I decided to do it a little earlier.


Merry Christmas people!!! I love you all...so very much. You all made my year.


Remember to bring the joy of Christmas to atleast one person.


With Love,

Adupeola

Comments

Popular Posts