Counting Down To 2015 - 1

2014 was both good and bad. I will always have my memories from this year. I had my highs and my lows. Some might say I had more lows than highs, they wouldn't be wrong. They wouldn't be right either. This year I had to battle with depression and excessive weight gain. The former didn't creep up on me, I've always been concious of my susceptibility to it. And while it's not like I haven't had darker moments, this one was exceptionally dark because the issues I thought I was over...came back to haunt me. It took a lot of work on my part to overcome it. While I won't say that I'm cured, I can say I dominate that feeling now.

Enough with the sad talk. The purpose of this post is to thank everyone that remained in my life in 2014 and those who came into it for the first time as well. I've decided to make this a 2-day post. The last one will be on new year's eve...tomorrow. I know it's possible that no matter how hard I try to thank everyone I might still end up forgetting some names. If that's the case with you, I ask for forgiveness in advance. You are important to me...whether your name is listed or not.

First of all, I would like to thank the one who deserves the lionshare of my thanks- God. Without Him, there would be no me. I am nothing without Him and everything with Him. His loving-kindness continually set me back on my path home. I have failed so many times but still He remains faithful.  I'm not one to be ungrateful and I know that I have been gifted with grace from above. For this I say, Thank You, Lord!

Still in the attitude of being grateful, I would like to thank my parents; Dr & Mrs Odewale...especially my dad. Words cannot express how glad I am to be your daughter. Thank you for always believing in me and always encouraging me. Thank you for pushing me when I needed to be pushed. I love you so much. To my siblings; Folarin & Funmi, yes, sometimes I feel like killing you both but I know that deep down, it's love that binds us. I protect you, you protect me. It is an honor to be your big sis...love u plenty. To my grandparents; Deacon & Mrs Aiyedun; this past year, thank you for helping me grow spiritually. I would have been lost if you hadn't been my compass.

To my uncles and aunts and cousins too numerous to list; there is nothing more important than family and I'm ever grateful that you're mine. To my favorite babies(Cousins); Oluwasolapefunmi & Igbayilola, I don't know what formed the wonderful bond between us, but I pray it never breaks. Solape, I've watched you grow and I still can't believe you're moving into your 3rd year in life. Igba, you came into my life April 2014, you're all of 8 months now and I can't explain the affinity between us...I love you so much and I hope our love lasts through all the trying stages of childhood.

To Dimeji Adewuyi, I want to say a big thank you. This blog exists because you pushed me often and hard until I gave in. I am forever grateful to you for challenging me. Emmanuella Sorunke, thank you for reading my posts and for introducing me to a new challenge. You're the best! Uncle Gbenro Eyitayo, you won't believe it o...but when we were both guest bloggers on touchnaija, I would read your articles and then say to myself, "I want to write like that guy". It was one of the reasons I reached out to you. I wanted a certified tutor. And you have been one. Encouraging me, correcting me. Thank you for helping me grow. Jargo Akpoveta; that one time I approached you and asked you to comment on my work and you did. You not only did that, you challenged me to start writing a book come January 2015, I'm taking that challenge very seriously. Thank you for pushing.

Wilson Oghevia; I met you only just recently. You don't know what it means to me to know I actually have someone who reads everything I write, good or bad. Thank you for that...goodluck with your goals as well. Damilola, you're a new friend, but you've come to mean just as much to me as old friends. Thank you for listening to me and taking all the crap I throw your way. Seyi, true friends aren't those that have been with us the longest, but those who stayed when everybody else left. You never left. Even when it was impossible to be my friend. Even when I gave you a hard time. I love you. Thank you. Tinuke, sigh...what can I say? You're an awesome friend. I love you. Biola, no matter what, one should hold on to good friends.

Moji, every girl needs atleast one girl she's known almost forever in her life. You're that girl for me. It's all easier with you. We don't have to see always, but when we do...we find a way to laugh and let loose. I love you(plenty homo!). Lol. Tobi, my daredevil, you know no distance will ever break our friendship. You're always on my mind. Taiwo & Kenny, it has been an experience knowing you two...thank you. Femi, I wouldn't have properly matured if you didn't lie to me as often as you did(yes, he is Alpha Male:Dotun), if you like, sue me. I like you and your lies. It has been...Yemi; every girl needs a tall, very handsome man as a friend...you have been mine and thank you for letting me know gentlemen still exist.

Jigar; with a big brother like you, I walk tall always. I love u. Deji; yes, yes, yes, we'll be friends forever. Lekanblaze(ThatYorubaBoy.com); thank you for trusting me enough to let me post whatever I want on your website.  I appreciate that. Tayo; thank you for always saying, "Sweetie, writing is your way, just commercialize it." Even though sometimes I find you condescending, if I had to choose a big brother, I would choose you over and over again. Lekan; thank you for thinking about money for me...you're the best banker a girl could have. I promise to make you proud come 2015...thank you for helping me...you're the best!!!

To be continued...

Comments

Popular Posts