Alpha Males: Bayo!!!

Imagine my surprise when a reader asked that I write more about the Alpha Males I've been privileged to meet. I like a sister who loves to talk and read about yummy men. This one is for you doll!

My third Alpha Male is Bayo(real names withheld by me). I didn't meet Bayo the same way I met the rest. I was bored. I cannot begin to describe to you the kind of boredom I was going through at that phase in my life. A friend of mine suggested I needed to have a little fun and I agreed wholeheartedly. He decided that a blind date would do the trick. Have I ever mentioned how paranoid I am? I must have. I am so paranoid that I can't go anywhere and back the door. I have to face it so I'm prepared for whatever or whoever enters. Agreeing to a blind date was no small feat.

Beside the fact that the only common close attempt to a blind date we have here in Africa is an arranged marriage, one can only imagine my reluctance. I like being in control and a blind date robs one of complete control. But because I was itching for some excitement, I went along with it. I felt the worst that could happen was being kidnapped and killed. I brushed my morbid thoughts aside and I went for it. The problem with blind dates is, you don't know what your date looks like. He could look like an ape, but you still gotta be polite and go through with it. An hour with a bad date is like queueing in front of hell. I wasn't looking forward to the idea of spending a whole hour with someone I might not even like.

I've had a friend who went on a blind date and had to spend an hour with a guy that wasn't even a Beta. I don't know Greek alphabets enough to correctly describe him but I'll go with Omega; that means the end right? He was a total Z! I was determined not to let the same thing happen to me. I got to the rendezvous point 30 minutes earlier. My nerves were frayed. I had earlier told my date to text me instead of calling when he arrived. He had a nice voice, but I found out a long time ago that the voice didn't always match the face. I had it all planned out, if he turned out to be less than what I expected, I would come up with something and wait him out or discreetly disappear.

I got the text 15 minutes before the time we were supposed to meet - "I'm sorry. I just got off work. I'll be there soon. Wait for me. Pls." The man said please. I had to wait. 10 minutes after our agreed time, I got another text. This time, he wanted to know what I was wearing. I told him to tell me what HE was wearing with a promise to wave when I saw him. Lol...he must have known I was planning to bolt if I didn't like his appearance. I feel the need to mention at this point that I was trying to calm my nerves with a glass of wine(vodka seemed too extreme...I needed to keep a clear head). When he walked in, I actually prayed a little prayer, bargaining and negotiating with God just so he would be the one I was expecting. I waved, he came over.

After he took his seat, I was still in shock. I turned to the table beside me and asked the man sitting there, "Is he really as tall as I think he is?" The man looked at me like I was crazy. I had to explain that I might be a little woozy from the wine(which I wasn't) and I just had to be sure he was as tall as my mind picked up on. While this silly conversation was going on, Bayo was laughing. He knew he caught me unawares. Silly bastard. Sigh. It was like God handed him out to me straight out of my fantasies. I should think by now my readers would be familiar with the fact that I simply adore(understatement) tall men. He wasn't just tall, he was basketball tall(that should really be a term). I always tell people the only sport I watch is basketball. God knows I'm not watching the game. Someone's got to watch the players too. I like to be that someone.

Bayo is 6ft7'. I'm not what you would call a petite woman. Imagine my delight when I found out I barely reached his chest. When we're both standing, I have to look up at him. It also helped tremendously that he was hot. Even if he was the tallest man on earth, I  would still need a pretty face to make it all come together. He wasn't lanky. He was well built. He wasn't wearing a suit(but I've seen him in one and he looks better than dessert). Even in casuals he was eye candy. He wasn't flawless, but I found every of his flaws endearing. Everything on him screamed expensive. His watch, his shoes...his cologne, everything! I haven't even gotten to the good part yet...he is very intelligent.I'm not saying all seemingly cute men are dumb, I'm just saying some of them don't even try. I tumbled straight into infatuation with this one.

I had a major crush. I tried to extinguish it but it just sparked brighter. I wanted him in a way one shouldn't want another human being. I wanted to possess him. He was a joy to talk to. He actually listened to me and didn't just want to talk about himself. He was interested in everything Adupeola. He reads my blog, still does(this is one of the reasons I'm not going into full details). He always tried to make me laugh. He is an awesome dancer. One would assume that because of his height he wouldn't be, but he is. Ladies, you know how I'm always saying you should let go of a man that is already in a committed relationship? I must confess that I broke my own rules. Even though he mentioned that he had a girlfriend, I didn't even batt an eyelash. I remember saying, "I won't tell if you don't".

This was not my proudest moment. I didn't really want him enough to try to take him away from another woman. I just got a little greedy. It's so hard to find all that qualities in one man. I just wanted to play pretend for a while. What I truly wanted was to be his friend but I just couldn't help thinking there was more to be had. Eventually, this feeling passed because of Bayo, I understand why women let themselves fall for another woman's man. To me, the guilt trip isn't worth it. No matter what you do, you won't ever stop wondering about the original owner. You won't ever have complete faith in your man expecting him to do the very same thing to you. The Yorubas have a saying, "Pasun ta fi na iyale nbe lori aja fun iyawo" meaning paraphrased, "what he did to his first wife, he'll surely repeat with the second".

Bayo is a good man. He's also a very good friend of mine(still). After my crush wore off, I realized we were destined to be friends. We had a lot in common. I like so many things about him. He's goofy smile. How he sulks when his opinion is discarded. The way his voice sounds over the phone. The way he reacts when he knocks his head because he's too tall. Truthfully, Bayo is exactly the kind of man I wanted when I was 15. Tall, Dark, Handsome, Intelligent and Rich. Lol...who am I kidding? I still want all that although I'm thinking of adding Single. It should be a major priority ladies. You really don't want to start a war over a man.

Hopefully, Bayo will decide to settle down soon(did I mention he's now engaged??!). Normally, I don't go to weddings but I can't wait to go to this one. I love his fiancee. She's a beautiful person, inside and out. Smart too. I'm so glad they found each other. They were truly fated to love.

Sigh...

Comments

Popular Posts