Happy Wedding Anniversary!!!






Have I mentioned recently how glad I am for my parents? I should do that often. I can think of no other two people well suited for each other. They complement themselves in ways that would confound Romeo & Juliet(the greatest fictional romantics of all time). How long as it been? 25 years...a quarter of a century. How time flies. I'm sure if I asked you to tell me your story again, it would seem just like yesterday to you. 25 years, 3 children, a lifetime. Love is indeed a wonderful thing.


Whenever the question, "why do you believe in love?" comes up, I tell people it's because my parents are proof of it's existence. It's so obvious how much they love each other. Why would I settle for a man that can't love me utterly and completely like my dad loves my mum? Why wouldn't I be a worthy, loyal and loving wife to that man like my mum is to my dad? Why wouldn't I believe in the potency of love? I remember a friend once asked what I would do if I found out my dad had a mistress. I told him there was no space left in my dad's heart for another woman. Mum and us kids have taken up all the space and we just happen to be 'unformattable'(I really hope that's a word).


I love you both so much. I love that you're still together.  I love that you still give each other gifts. I love that you don't feel you're too old to say "I love you" to each other. I love that you're still affectionate towards each other. Yes, you aren't perfect and sometimes you fight but it's worth it just to watch you make up. Your love for each other has sustained the laughter in our home, even when we would rather do anything but.


Dad; I love you so much. Thank you for being a good man. Thank you for loving mum. Thank you for loving us. Thank you for always putting your family first. Thank you for being the man mummy needs. Thank you for being a hero to your little girls and a role model to your son. Thank you for giving me a yardstick to measure my future husband by. You are indeed one in a million and one of these days I'll make you proud of me. You are a wonderful man and I constantly thank God that mum met you and that she said, "Yes".


Mum; you are the true definition of superwoman. You are a woman that all women should strive to emulate. You are an awesome wife and a great mother. Thank you for saying 'Yes' to daddy. Thank you for loving him. Thank you for having us. Thank you for praying for us. Thank you for nurturing us. Thank you for making our home a haven. Thank you for being a good woman. Thank you for giving me someone to emulate(Even though I know I'm not half the woman that you are...not even a quarter). Thank you for showing me the kind of woman I can still be if only I try a little harder. Sometimes I wonder how you do it. Thank you for being a woman I can be proud of enough to show to the world. Mum, one day soon, I'll show you just how grateful I am to you.




Mum&Dad; Happy Wedding Anniversary to the world's greatest parents.  I love you. My siblings love you too. And even though we act out sometimes(okay...often), it's not out of spite. We're just young and foolish. Thank you for still being together.  Thank you for loving each other. Thank you for being parents to Dupe, Fola & Funmi.


I thank God that you're both still alive. I wish you both freakishly long lives. You have to eat the fruits of your labor. You also have to meet your great-grandkids.  We love you. I love. We...I wish you many more years together and in love.

Cheers!!!

Adupeola

Comments

Popular Posts