Who Should Say, "I Love You" First?

I swear...I just tire for this game of love sef! I got a funny mesage this mornig. First of all, playing games will get you nowhere. It only leads to doubt and confusion. I know from personal experience. I always have a strategy. I always see my plans through and even when things are going my way, I already see the end very clearly. It's not worth the hassles.

Back to the message of this morning. My lady friend asked me who should profess love first in a relationship and if professing love would turn a casual relationship into a serious one. I'll answer the first part of the question first. Honestly, I do not know who should and I  don't even think it should matter either ways. I am a kind of person who finds mincing words inconvenient. So, if I loved someone...I'd just blurt it out and damn the consequences. But then again, I've only ever done that once before and never again after that(not that I had a bad experience{not saying I had a good one either}, I just wasn't comfortable with being that vulnerable).

I did some research online and I found that a lot of people say it's a bad idea for a woman to do that first...saying she's letting go of her power. Sigh, there shouldn't be a power struggle in a relationship. Love shouldn't be a battlefield na. What if your lips say yes and your actions say no? Didn't the man that beat his wife to death vow to love her? Didn't the woman that stabbed her husband to death claim to love him? If that's love, I don't want it! Society can keep that love to themselves. I'm good.

Communication, common interests, common goals, common beliefs, tolerance, compatibility, trust, passion...if you have all these in your relationship, you're good to go. Love is overrated. Why? Because, a child always abandons an old toy for a new one. Doesn't mean he doesn't like the old one anymore...he just as a crush on the new one...when the crush/euphoria stage wears out he decides if the new toy is worth his continous time, attention and commitment.

The illustration above solidifies one point...love is a conscious decision. You don't fall in love...you choose to love...you grow in love...you decide to love. Only then is it real. This post is dragging on and I'm far from done on this topic...I'm yet to answer the second part of the question. I'll do that in the next post.

To be continued....

Adupeola

Comments

Popular Posts