Understand All That There Is Time!








I do not even know how to begin to write this. I got this title to work with February last year. Uncle Gbenro told me to write a little something on it and I've put it off for so long because I haven't the slightest clue how to begin. So, to prove to myself that I'm truly a writer that can handle any creative challenge, I've decided to approach this the way I would any other title. I really hope the end result is something that's meaningful and good enough to impact one or two lives. Here goes nothing!


Time, according to the dictionary, is the inevitable progression into the future with the passing of present events to the past. Did you get that? If you don't, read it again and you will. Just in case you still don't get it, I'll break it into a simpler sentence. Time is something you and I have no power over. It is a gradual movement into the future where todays become yesterdays. Time is non-renewable. No matter how badly you wish for a time machine, you never get one. The best you can do is move on and accept that it isn't something you can control.


Understanding all there is to time is a different subject matter on it's own. I'm no expert, but I really believe that there is no way we can fully understand how time works. It's just something that happens. I've always wondered why it is said that everyone gets a second chance when they can't actually go back in time and rewrite their stories. So many mistakes I've made in the past that I'm sure that if I had a chance to do it over, I would make better choices. I get why it's important to let people understand that time isn't something they want to toy with. Before you know it, too much time has passed and that little problem has become a bigger one!


If there's one thing I've truly learned in the past 7 years, it's that I do not want to ever gamble with my time again. I was lucky enough to get a second chance to sort out my life, but not everyone gets a second chance. Isn't it better not to toy with time at all? We all keep thinking the future is far away. It isn't. Tomorrow is the future. Tomorrow is just a couple of hours away. Just like that, a year flies by. You want to do things at the right time. Doing the right thing at the right time brings honor. Doing the right thing at the wrong time leads to mockery. You want to avoid that at all costs, it's not pretty.


I know that Uncle Gbenro probably had something a little more serious in mind when he gave me this topic. I prefer that I give a gist of the topic. The most important thing is that I get my point across, right? The biggest arsenal we have in stock as youths is our time. Time on our side leaves us more open to more opportunities. It gives us a bigger room when we have to make decisions. We don't ever want to lose this weapon. It runs out fast and doesn't last forever.


To truly understand time, you have to sit down and think about your life 2 years ago. What's different?  What would you rather not have done? Can you go back and undo it? So many things are different. Some are good and some are not so good...you're powerless to redo anything. But, you can move on from that point and respect time. Time is a small diety. You don't have to worship it, but you have to reverence it.


I'm going to leave you with this old  saying, "Time waits for no man/woman..."


Hopefully, this will help someone. I cannot be the person to manage your time for you. I've got mine to manage as well. Besides, we all get the same 24 hours everyday.
Let's be wiser with how we spend our time. It's a currency with no returns. You spend it, and that's it!!!

Good luck with time in 2015!

Adupeola

Comments

Popular Posts