My Series Of Open Letters

Recently, I've become quite obsessed with letter writing. Did I mention that it was my preference for getting my thoughts across via handwritten letters that ignited my flair for the written word? Yes, it took me a while to find a genre that I was good at, but eventually I did. A couple of weeks ago, I joined an online community that is all about writing letters. You even get to have pen-pals. I haven't had one in ages!!!

Although it's now more of a sort of a digital letter writing thingy, it still holds the same kind of attractions for me. Writing letters again has been therapeutic for me. It really helped that the people I write to are complete strangers. We've approached each other with different issues and together as a community or as individuals we tackled them.

One other thing I learned is that, you can gain so much insight from a letter that you probably wouldn't get from a typical self-help guide. I decided to give it a try and pass a couple of messages across in a series of open letters. I'm hoping that it makes our interactions more personal than they usually are. At the end of the series(I don't have a definite time for that yet), I would love your take on my little experiment.

I can already tell I'm going to have some fun with this one. I hope you do too!

With love,

Adupeola

Comments

Popular Posts