An Open Letter To Mr. Nice

Dear Mr. Nice,

Please don't ever change. Stay exactly the same way. It's refreshing to know that you're not just a nice man, you're a nice human being. You have my admiration for daring to be different in a world where most men are going to hell in a basket! I know it's exceptionally hard for you because most women just slot you into the friend zone and go after the bad boys.

Mr. Nice, I think you need to show the ladies that you can be an Alpha male and be nice too. You need to let them see how rare a specimen you are. They won't get it until they understand that your kind is going extinct and then there'll only be jerks left. Mr. Nice, I am also guilty of passing you by time and time again. You visited in me in different forms and sizes but I always saw you for who you are; a good man. You always want so much more than the obvious. You want to build a relationship on friendship and trust. Everybody knows that's the secret recipe for a long lasting relationship and yet, we still side step it.

Don't take it personally. We've just gotten it into our heads that we want men that challenge us. Men we have to train or mould. We keep forgetting that it isn't our job to do any of that. It is our job to be pampered, respected and loved. You are willing to give all that, but we're greedy for pain. You're the only man I know who gives and doesn't expect anything in return. You give your time, your shoulder(when we need one to cry on), your full attention and so much more. You invest a lot even though you might not get anything in return. You're not only nice to women, you're nice to everyone.

Most men will see you and tease you for being so sensitive and loyal. Pay no attention to them. They're weak and your strength embarrasses them. Watching you in action, they see themselves for what they truly are; weak men! Mr. Nice, thank you for being my friend over the years. Thank you for being a friend to every woman that ever needed one at one time or the other. Isn't it funny that sometimes we see right through you and then fall for your friend that is an absolute douchebag? Then, when we need you the most, you're still there. You're always there. You never hold our poor judgments against us.

Mr. Nice, every time you came my way in the past and I mistreated and took you for granted, I apologize. I promise that the next time you come my way, you'll meet a changed woman. I've grown, I'm more experienced and now I truly know better. Infact, I'm certain I'm not the only woman that knows better. We want you, we just never truly realize that in time. Hopefully, the previous times our paths crossed and I was mean, you met a nicer and wiser woman who made you forget how badly I treated you.

Mr. Nice, once again I say, please don't ever change. It's remarkable that no matter how badly you're treated, you still stick to being nice. If only the world was filled with more men like you. But as it is, you're a rare jewel of inestimable value. To the lucky women who were smart enough to choose you when you came their way, I say congratulations. You made the right 'forever' choice. I'm going to need a fifth chance. I'll wait patiently for you to come by again. I figured, if you can be patient, then I can too.

This is a letter of admiration. I admire you for taking a stand. For being you. For seeing forever and not just right now. For respecting women. For truly listening when they need someone to talk to. For being a friend when that's what they need the most. For being their protector. For making them feel safe. For never getting tired. For just being you.

On behalf of women around the world who know your worth; I say a big THANK YOU!!!

P.S. I promise to recognize you the next time you're in my space.

See you soon...

Your Secret Admirer

Comments

Popular Posts