Mending Hearts: My Journey Through The Fog Of Depression.

I have had a lot of series published on the blog. I have also had different journeys some of which I practically begged some of you guys to go on with me(thanks for that by the way). I know I haven't written on the blog in a while. For that I sincerely apologize. Life got in the way. I've been publishing my articles on Bugle though and I only missed releasing something this week. Again, I apologize. Consistency is important as a writer cum blogger but...

Why am I bringing out the Mending Hearts series from hibernation? I'll tell you. I read something online. The author (who I won't be naming) said, "depression is a disease that belongs to white men". Anyway, being the kind of person that I am, you can be sure that this pronouncement got my panties in a bunch. So many times in my articles I've hinted about my experience with depression.

I guess it's about time I'm thorough about the experience. So I can do my part in creating awareness. Depression isn't particular to the white man. Depression isn't racist! Even the strongest of us can succumb to it. I have always felt that to truly understand something, you must have gone through it...you must wear the tag, 'SURVIVOR'. You must have rode that wave.

Why am I so good with dishing out relationship advice? It's because I know mostly from personal experiences how NOT to do things if you want a great (notice I didn't say perfect?) relationship. I don't have all the answers but I'll be damned if I let another make the same mistakes I've made or witnessed others make.

The reason depression is such a sensitive topic for me is because it revealed to me my humanity. If you know me, you must know about my ego. My ego is one of the reasons why it took me so long to admit to myself that I was suffering from depression. I didn't like feeling weak. This series is not to discourage you from getting professional help. How many times have I said getting help doesn't make you weak? The truth is, even the strongest of us needs help from time to time.

Over the course of this series, I'll be sharing with you my journey through the fog called depression. This is a battle I fought and won and I want to teach you how to win too. Depression takes away so much from us...it's time we take our power back. So, if you know anyone that needs this series, be a good neighbor, be your brother's/sister's keeper and inform them about this series. I'm going to be laying all my cards on the table because I know God allowed this battle, He brought me through it all so I can help someone else fight and WIN.

Be prepared! Get ready to fight and remember that the battle remains the Lord's!!!

With love as always,

Adupeola

Comments

Popular Posts