My Thoughts On Feminism - 2

In my last post, I  promised to touch a huge chunk of the subject feminism. Personally, I  believe all true feminists really want is gender equality. That is, wanting everybody to know and acknowledge the fact that a woman's  role in the cycle of making the world go round is just as important as that of the man. I don't think they're trying to insinuate that one gender ought to be at constant war with the other.

In the past, I have had a huge problem with submitting to authority. So...yeah that crawled a bit into my relationships. But, it's not because I'm female or a feminist. It's because I'm human and egocentric. I have since worked on myself and although it's still hard, I do it anyway (because that's what God wants). I feel like the same way some 'feminists' are misguided is the same way some 'non-feminists' are misguided in their theories and philosophies. I have always hated having a label. That's why I would never openly claim a cause that requires me having one. I'm liberal...so there's a tendency I agree with both parties to a certain degree.

If you know me well, you would know that I am a very opinionated woman. I have strong views and I am not afraid to tell people about them even if they don't get it. I also tend to be blunt to a fault. I haven't mastered the art of diplomacy. I hardly ever filter my words and that tends to offend people. If I have a problem with you or something you've done...I'll say it to your face and if I feel the need to choose my battles and ignore, I won't pretend all is well...you'll know all is far from well.

I have come in contact with men who assume that because of my views and my liberal attitude that I live to trample over men or compete with them. The thought has never crossed my mind. I strongly believe that the man is the head. I also believe that the head needs the neck. I don't believe in seperation of marital roles. And I believe a marriage should be a partnership. The boat only needs one captain but the captain needs his crew. A plane as a Pilot and a Co-pilot...they both have the same job...to ensure the plane lifts off...travels well...lands correctly...but 1 Pilot is in charge and the Co-pilot is second in command...his opinions matter too! A woman should have a say in her relationship.

Submission entails trusting someone enough to follow them when they lead. If a woman can't trust a man enough to lead their family right, she might find it hard to submit to his leading. I wonder why she's with a man like that though.

I'm starting to rant and I don't want this post to be too long.

To be continued...

Comments

Popular Posts