My Crush!!! - 1

Okay...seems like some of my readers feel like I no longer get personal. I've been so busy writing about how to improve your relationships that I just forgot about my vow to always be an open book with you guys. So, when a reader approached me and asked me to write about my crush, I didn't refuse. It's about time I wrote about him, right? I'm sure in this time and age I don't have to explain what a crush is. Being the conscientious writer that I am though, I will still have to give you a definition.  A crush is; a short-lived unrequited love or infatuation. It is also used to refer to the object of this infatuation.

When I was younger, I crushed on the unattainables. The likes of Michael Jackson, Alexander James (Backstreet Boys), Brad Pitt, Denzel Washington, Will Smith, Usher, Nelly,etc. During my formative years I wasn't very familiar with african stars (although I'm pretty certain that I probably wouldn't have crushed on any of them). There's this particular display picture going round where friends have to answer certain questions about you. I sent it to a couple of friends and when they got to the crush part, the answer varied. Some said, Olamide. Others Posly TD(I'm guessing this first two is because I go on and on about these two). Almost every celebrity was named. Someone even stated that I probably had a crush on myself (a shot at my ego...but who cares, right??!). I guess I should probably settle it once and for all by stating that my crush isn't unattainable. He's very close. I just never have the courage to reply him when he talks to me. I just stare and then I walk away (I recently perfected my "I'm bored" look). I find my gaze straying towards him often. When he looks over, I immediately avert my gaze. The moment he enters, I know it. When he leaves, I feel it. I feel empty. Don't ask me to call him by his name. I will not. I never want him to find out the extent of my feelings for him.

My little crush started quite innocently.One day, I was at the bank(not disclosing the name of the bank either) and I found out I was without a pen. I mentally sighed. It was just like me to be in a hurry and forget important stuff like that. I wasn't about to ask anybody for a pen though. Although most people assume I'm snobbish, it's not true. I'm just really, really shy. I don't like calling attention to myself. I guess I had that look on. The 'do not approach me if you value your pride' look. He approached me anyway. And he offered me a pen. I took it and he walked away. Then I glanced up to really look at him and kepblammy!!! The thief stole my heart. It was like a jolt of electricity hit me! I had never felt such raw physical attraction for anyone. He was in a suit. Need I say more? The suit looked like his second skin. He wore it really well. He isn't my usual type as he isn't all that tall and he's a banker. Still...wow! I realize I'm babbling. I can't help it, he muddles up my thoughts. After my transaction, I found out he worked for the bank. He's one of those people you have to be referred to or something. I wanted to hear his voice. I just knew giving him back his pen wouldn't be enough. I wouldn't have been able to start a conversation. I would just turn to ice. But if I got all professional, I could really talk to him.  So, I did what I do best, I manipulated the situation. I got out my atm card and broke it(call me crazy but normal never helps). I went to him and said, "Thanks for the pen...so where do I go to report a broken atm card?" Ofcourse he wanted to know the story behind the break and I told him(so,I lied...big deal...it was for a greater cause).

Since I reached adulthood, this counts as my only real crush(he isn't someone that isn't within my reach). I wouldn't say that I'm obsessed with my crush. So far, I haven't stalked him on any social media platform and I've also refused to learn his name(because that makes him more real). I just try my best to act like he only exists in my dreams. But now, I go to the bank often. I go for the stupidest things and I'm pretty sure the majority of the employees there think I'm a complete idiot. I'm the only one that isn't a child, but still forgets her pin atleast twice in a month. Can you blame me? Women do crazy things in situations like this. I just happen to be crazier than most. I never mentioned my 'little' crush to anyone. I don't like people meddling in my affairs. That, and the fact that I have some very silly friends. They might go up to him and tell him about it. Just to be funny. I'd rather that not happen. 

I managed to pretend like I just thought him up. That worked well for me. Then on one beautiful Sunday morning, I decided to sit beside mum in church and who do I see....?

To be continued....

Comments

Popular Posts