A New Beginning

I miss writing just because. I especially miss writing here. It was therapeutic for me and brought me so much joy. Recently, I've gone through several life changes. I struggled with some and others came much easier to me. I sat down and wondered why I was struggling and I pinned it down to the fact that I stopped journaling. I also stopped sharing my stories here. I can laugh at myself when I write here or realize issues aren't as complicated as I assumed they were. I also met lots of people through this blog over the years who could relate to my experiences, laughed with me, advised me, and developed friendships with me. 

This blog remains a blessing to me in many ways. It carries my personality and my essence. I am forever grateful to my friend, Mr. D that suggested I start one 9 years ago. I started this blog in my 20s and now I'm in my 30s. A lot has changed. I have changed. In some ways, I've remained the same. When I want to reminisce, I open up the blog and take a trip down memory lane. I try not to romanticize it but sometimes I do. 

I thought about letting it die in my 20s. I thought I had outgrown it. But, I keep getting itchy fingers. I still have stories to document. I still want to write here. I don't just want to think of it wistfully and leave it gathering virtual dust. I'm in an exciting season right now. I find myself wanting to write about it. I find myself wanting to open my virtual journal and just let it pour out. At the same time, I wonder where to start. I wonder if I'll still enjoy it as much as I did back then. I wonder if there would be anyone that will still want to read what I write. 

I write for me. But, I also loved that people read and enjoyed what I wrote. Do I do it anyway? I struggled with the right answer to that. When I finally found my answer, I realized I wanted to keep writing here even if nobody reads it (although I hope they do). I want to continue to share my journey in word pictures. I want to do something that makes me smile and gladdens my heart. I'm not sure what I want it to look like but I'll keep at it until I find my rhythm.

On that note, I want to reintroduce Adupeola's Blog. I hope it becomes for you what it always was for me. Above all, I hope my stories help you unwind, laugh, learn, hope, and dream again. 

P.S. It probably won't have the same vibes it had in the past, but it won't be boring either. I might have matured but I'm far from boring. 

With all my love,
Adupeola

Comments

Popular Posts