Let's Break The Ice!

 I haven't written in 3 years. Not just on here, I didn't write, period. This has always been soothing and therapeutic for me. When it stopped feeling that way, I decided to take a break from it. That break lasted 3 years. Did I miss it? Of course! Just not enough to write. I'd even draft in my head, I just never wrote them out. I did journal some, but that's as far as I got. I recently started to feel the urge to write again. I loved this blog. I liked that it was a release for me. I didn't have to be serious or try and be a "proper" lady. I could just be me. Unhindered. Unbridled. Free. Lol... I did treat this blog as a personal journal.

What changed? Nothing. I just missed it enough to do it this time. I started this blog when I was 21. It's been 9 years and I'll be 30 this year. So, I guess it probably won't be the same. I'm an adult now (never mind that I'm still trying to get a hang of adulthood). I'd like to think that I've matured in some ways. The little girl inside me is still alive and well though. She's not going anywhere any time soon. I love her company.

A lot has changed in my life as well. I've changed seasons. Changed perspectives. Learned, unlearned, relearned. I have more answers than I did when I started this blog. I have learned how to value people. I've gotten to know myself. There are parts of me that still surprise me, but, I think have a near-perfect understanding of who I am. I've started to live my truth. I'm flawed and I've accepted that. Don't know why it was so important to me that I be perfect. I've lost friends and made new ones. I've found out that people I thought were friends were acquaintances. I got used to people not cheering for me as hard as I cheered for them. I met people that were good to me. I learned how to be content with where I am in the journey of life.

I want to believe I've gotten wiser with age. But, that's one of those things that time tells. I don't know if you'll like my blog now (if you used to in the past). But, I'm not writing for you. I'm doing this for me. You enjoying it is just a pleasant bonus. So, did I effectively break the ice? Good!  

A bientôt!

Adupeola

Comments

Popular Posts