Face-lift or Content-lift?

So...recently have been feeling a bit stifled. I feel like my creativity hasn't been granted complete freedom of expression. I feel like I could say more...be more explicit...more open..more me! I feel like I've lost my way by trying to conform to a particular standard. I'm a rule breaker. My greatest assest has always been my bluntness(which is inherited by the way). I love to do that...and now I miss it so damn much. I miss portraying a part of myself in my writings. I write so many things that I never publish because I felt it might offend. But isn't that what artistic freedom is all about? A writer is also an artist. We need to be able to let our imaginations run wild.

What brought about this feeling? Well...I just realized I'm not getting any younger and very soon...what I don't do  now might become regrets. I want to explore my options. I want to test my boundaries...I want to push myself and burst out of my box and niche.  I want to run a little wild...lol...I want to write wildly and live even wilder...do you get that? Life's too fucking short isn't it? I want to live it now before I get too old to do it and not be criticized(and deserve it). So...I'm not saying I'll jump right into it...I'll ease into it so it's a peaceful transition for both the author and her readers.

So...wanna jump off a new cliff with me? I promise to have a safety net waiting at the bottom...

I choose content-lift!

Hang in there...your best days are ahead!!!

Have a wonderful day...

Adupeola

Comments

Popular Posts