All I Want For Christmas Is...

Christmas is less than 48 hours away. Now I realize that everyone into the giving ministry has probably gotten all their gifts already. Some of you are even the earliest worms...starting Christmas shopping as early as August. I don't blame you...the rush adds to the pressure of what to get a loved one if you wait on it too long.

I wasn't sure what I wanted for Christmas this year. In 2013, I asked for a friend that would push me out of my comfort zone. I got Dimeji...I was grateful for that...so much so because this blog exists because of that friendship. Last year, that was quite simple...I wanted to reach 10, 000 views. I did and I even surpassed it. Considering the niche of my blog...that's quite an accomplishment and for that I'm very grateful.

This year, I wanted to lose weight so badly...the accumulated weight of the past 2 years. It wasn't easy and I'm pretty sure I didn't do it completely on my own but I went down about 4 dress sizes. I realized that as I began the process of finally dropping off my emotional baggage, the weight just seemed to melt off as well. This year...I also wanted to write a lot...when I want to and when I don't. Funny enough, this year, I didn't publish that much articles in the blog...yet I was led to revive an old blog which I did and which kicked off faster than this one ever did. In my own way, I feel like I completed the set task because while I wasn't writing articles to be posted, I was earnestly working on my screenplay and now I'm in the market for sponsors.That's quite a feat for someone who often procrastinates.

I am proud of the steps I've made and how far I've grown. Old friends wonder how it's possible for me to have changed so much. While it might have something to do with the fact that my relationship with my Heavenly Father has grown stronger, it also has to do a little with the fact that I finally matured. I refused to grow up for so long. I had to break off the old to make room for the new. It wasn't something I was passionate about, but I did it anyway.

This year...I let go of a feeling I finally realized that I had outgrown. It was easier than I thought. The moment I realized the percentage of toxicity I was exposing myself to by holding tight to something I should have walked away from ages ago, it was easier for me to let it go. All through this year, I've grown and grown again. I let go...I cried...I regained. I realized how strong I really was. Now, I'm left with the question,  "what do I truly want for Christmas?"

Honestly, I don't know...I'm single and at first a good man felt like a good thing to ask for..but...I'm enjoying being single...so...no! I want something else. Something that will bring me joy and peace and all the holiday cheer I need. What could that be...

I want to start the new year on a good note. I want good health for my family and friends. I want my readers to finally understand how much I truly care about them...my writing isn't abstract it's connected to a deep passionate need of mine to connect with many. I want my blogs to become more successful. I want to get to fix more relationships than I did this past year. I want more traffic...I want sponsors for my upcoming project...I want peace roundabout me...I want to do more...give more...love more...teach more...pray more....

So, in essence all I want for Christmas is your prayers...and your good wishes...

I love you all.

Merry Christmas in advance!!!

Adupeola

Comments

  1. 😊
    WOW! You are already blessed... dear nothing can stop you. ✨

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading from my readers...

Popular Posts