"What If You Have The Gift? "

Yesterday I was chatting with a friend of mine and our conversation switched quite suddenly to my relationship status. He has always gotten a kick out of teasing me about my relationship status or lack of one while I go ahead and fix other people while I remain broken. I took his teasing in stride. Underneath it all, I know he worried about me and that he cared. I'm grateful for friends like him. Friends like brothers and sisters. But I digress, he said something yesterday that sent my curiosity into hyperactivity. Then he proceeded to nod off...leaving me curious all through the night. What did he say? Hold your horses, I'll tell you.

He said maybe I'm yet to be in a committed relationship because I have the 'gift'. Yes...like you, I had no idea what he meant. Infact, I believe I sent a message back saying, "What the fuck is the gift?" To which he said, "You don't know about it? Do you want to?" Ofcourse I did. He knew me well enough that once my curiosity flares the only way to quench it is to give it what it wants. I wrote back, "Since it's something I might have, I think it's only fair that I'm in the know about it." Being the evil(I mean this affectionately) friend that he his, he slept off or he decided to torture me by pretending to sleep off(I can't put anything past that boy)!

This morning, after having to rush through my morning routine in order to get to church in time(I woke up very late), our conversation slipped away from my mind. Then, DING!!! I had forgotten to switch off my phone. I quickly grabbed it to do just that when I realized the message was from him. This is what he wrote: You know now. The gift. The kind Apostle Paul had that made him satisfied to remain single the rest of his life. The kind that made him prefer singlehood to married life. I've heard that it still happens nowadays. Obviously that's why we have nuns and catholic priests. So, maybe your inner man is kicking against a relationship because you were meant to be single. Do you get it now?

I laughed out loud. Suddenly and loudly. The lady beside me actually looked at me like I was insane. I just shook my head to her silent question. I wasn't the insane one in this equation. The Gift indeed! It has never crossed my mind to spend my life alone. I've wanted a fairytale kind of love since I was 7. Now my wants are a bit more realistic but I still want a better half. That aside, I want kids and although there are ways nowadays to procreate without having a life partner, I'm old-fashioned enough to know I want my kids to have a father. Not a sperm donor!

If I had 'the Gift' I'm almost certain I wouldn't even have the desire to be loved and to love. Even if I was offered 'the Gift' I would gladly refuse it. I want my fairy-tale. Now it might not be smooth all the way and the road might be rocky as hell, I'm still willing to go for the drive! Even though I will come across monsters dressed like knights on my path, I'm still willing to take the risk. I most certainly do not have the gift and I doubt anybody has it. That's why priests leave nowadays. That's why they revoke their vow or whatever they do in the beginning.  It's a commitment they make and it's truly not an easy one.

As you can see, this post has no guidelines or helpful advices. It was just something that made me laugh and aroused my curiosity and I wanted very badly to share it with you. I didn't fully research 'the Gift', if you know about it and it's real, I wouldn't mind knowing more about it.

You know how to get in touch with me!!!

Enjoy your Sunday!!!

Adupeola cares...

Comments

Popular Posts