My List(Mr. Right)!!!

In my post, For The Singles; Make A List!!!, I promised to publish my own lists of realistic expectations for Mr. Right(once I have one) to help you in making your own lists. Well, I'm finally delivering on that promise.

My Realistic Expectations For Mr. Right.

1. He must be God-fearing, spiritual and have a good, solid relationship with God; This is the most important attribute to me.

2. He must be a gentleman; Need I say more? I've always made it clear that I wanted a man that would open my doors and carry my bags. I want the real deal not this half-baked versions that run into the majority in this present generation.

3. He must be my friend; Friendship makes a relationship that much easier. You have to be best friends, then lovers!

4. He must wine and dine me; This explains itself. I do not want a cheapskate S.O.B(pardon my french).

5. He must love me for more than my looks; I happen to know I have a whole lot going for me upstairs. I need a man that loves me for what I have to offer and not just for a part of my body.

6. He must be from a good home; The kind of home a man is from speaks volumes about his character.

7. He must treat his mum & sisters(if he has any) right; The way he treats the women closest to him is how he's gonna treat me.

8. He must encourage me to do better, to be better; I do not want a man so insecure he's unwilling to help me realize my potential.

9. He must have a good job; If I have to explain this then you really need to evaluate yourself.

10. He must have goal for his future; In other words, he must be ambitious. He needs to have realistic plans for the future and he must be on his way to realising them. Do not fall for a man's potential. Fall for the man himself. Besides, will your children eat potential?

11. He must be faithful, trustworthy and worthy of me; I'm an awesome woman. I just figured that out. No way I'm giving pearls(me!) to swines(Mr. Wrong or Mr. Maybe).

12. He must be communicative; I'm not very patient. I need a man that talks. I don't have the temperament to decipher body language. Communication is 1 of the keys to a successful relationship.

13. He must be ready to nurture me, provide for me and love me; If he isn't ready to do all that, I have no idea why he's looking to settle down. A real man knows his job and does it. Even with what I'll bring to the table, I still expect him to understand his role as provider. If he's squeamish about providing this and that while you're dating, he'll be the same when you're married. I do not mean turn him into an ATM, I mean there should be a clear understanding of roles. A woman should respect, love and submit to a man. But  she can only do that if he isn't half a man!

14. He must be ready to pay the price to have me; Again, I'm not giving pearls to swines! This has nothing to do with finances. The price here relates to loyalty, fidelity, honesty, transparency, commitment, you get the idea. He must be ready to strive to be the man worthy of my love and that is so much more important to me than him being able to  afford to buy me anything. No matter how much he has in his bank account, if he isn't ready to pay the price, he's out!! I do not want money at the cost of my happiness.

15. He must love my family; there's no way I'm giving my heart to a man that is unable to love my family. They are important to me and I love them. That's all the reason he needs to love them as well.

Pretty realistic if you ask me...although I wouldn't mind having all these attributes in 1 tall, yummy package. Lol!

Comments

Popular Posts